All Treasure Hunting

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190818_212604.jpg
Not a dug one, but it was rescued from a goodwill store for a couple bucks. What a steal.!

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll say! Great bottle. Used to have one years ago. Wish I had it back now!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I remember he had a bottle, it said something like Old Kentuckey bourbon, something, New York, distilled in 1848 something reserve. Something like that.:laughing7:

I coulda swore it said Binigers.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember he had a bottle, it said something like Old Kentuckey bourbon, something, New York, distilled in 1848 something reserve. Something like that.:laughing7:

I coulda swore it said Binigers.

That sure sounds like a Bininger. A.M. Bininger produced several squares with different product names embossed, in addition to several figurals, handled jugs, etc.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That might have been it. I think I have a picture somewhere. I just have to find it.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you can find it, Rusty. We'd like to see it.

This has probably been my most wanted Bininger since I was a teenager. Only know of it coming up for sale once back when the Burton Spiller collection was auctioned. I did at least get to handle it, but it's one of those bottles that's way outta my financial league, but if you ain't dreaming, you ain't living.

bininger banana juice.jpg

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty cool to find three different mold variants in three different colors from the same company.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the bottom shelf of the cabinet. A lot of years of looking...

bottles1.jpg

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are 3 that I found in the same dump .But it was over about a year's period of time .The clear one and the brown one are a little rough View attachment 1745777

sandchip Yes I do not have near the collection you have but I have some that I think are as you put it "cool" .Here are 4 different one's from Schmidt's Bottling Work. All from same property but two different dump sites . IMG_1341.jpg Your bottom shelf looks awesome to me

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't say that I've ever seen a mug base crown top. I larn me sumpin' new everday. :icon_thumleft:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0861.jpg

This is my mug base crowntop. Notice that the base, looks like a mug.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusty's right. It's just a name that caught on to describe a bottle with a sided base, and sounds a lot better, too!

Sandchip, yes I do not have near the collection you have but I have some that I think are as you put it "cool"...

Ain't a thing short about your bottles, man. In 45 years of collecting, I've never had a mug base anything. Found half a mug base hutch in half a dozen pieces many years ago and that's as close as I've come.

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks It makes sense but I do not know as much about the terminology as I should .One of the reason I join this site was to learn . I am making some progress but have a ways to go yet . Thanks for the help

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The strange thing is along with the ones I showed in the pictures I have large pieces that would indicate I have five more broken ones .One of them is brown the others are clear .One of the most frequent bottles I have from that property is Porters Liniment and Pain King .I can tell you I spent enough time to have used every one of those Porters bottles I recovered .I have been saying I have been sitting on a Mother lode but I just can not find where it is .I think the items I have from that property where secondary spots used after the original dump was over full .The property was a place of business in the 1860's.Looking for the next great bottle is why I need the Pain King

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one to keep the old thread plodding along...

perkins1.jpg perkins.jpg perkins2.jpg

Embossed "Perkins - Supe / rior - Indel / ible - Ink".

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up this Rome, Ga. straight side just now at the Smyrna bottle show. Pretty common but in great condition and without breaking the bank. I like the straw tint to the glass. Always good to visit with everybody, too although there were a few oldtimers missing which is a bit disheartening as we grow older.

rome coke.jpg

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, that is incredible! Incredible to me, because all of mine are dirty, lol! How much did it cost?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread