Just received my Minelab Pro Swing 45!!

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After watching the videos and reading numerous reviews, I decided to give the Minelab Pro Swing 45 a shot. I do a lot of beach detecting, and it can be tiring enough to lug a heavy scoop and gear in the Florida heat while treading through sand.

I am very impressed by this product. Very well made, very adjustable. It takes a while to adjust it "just right", and no doubt I will still be making some fine adjustments as I get used to it. I love how sturdy the belt is, and the bracing and chest support makes everything feel nice and solid.

I was amazed at how it virtually makes the weight of the detector disappear. The "height" of the detector leash is easily adjustable, you can do it with just one hand. Unclipping and re-clipping the detector leash into the harness is very easy and I just got it, and so I am sure as time goes on it will be even easier. There is a little adjustment needed to your routine, as you need to unclip it to dig, but its really no big deal.

I am hoping the velcro lasts a long time. One thing I hate is velcro that wears out quickly. To remove my Lesche sheath and pro pointer holster, you have to undo a small piece of velcro on the Pro Swings belt. The reason I would remove them is I don't plan to take the Pro Swing into the water. I don't think it is built for that, and really doesn't provide the same benefit I wouldn't think.

It's great to see companies thinking outside the box and innovating. I don't own any Minelab stuff other than this Pro Swing, but I have always been found of their technology and innovation. No doubt its a matter of time before other companies make a similar harness.

You can clip a lot of stuff to the harness too. I have a lot of Maxpedition gear, like my cell phone holder, and I use a military flashlight (with red filter) when I hunt beaches at night and need a light…….all of that looks like it will just hook up nicely.

Signal

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the good review! I was going to ask if you could go in the water with it but you answered that question.
Best of Luck with the Pro Swing!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Pro Swing seems to be a great harness. A bit to cumbersome for me though. I bought a "knock off" swingy thingy from Kco for $20. I works great for my heavy detector. I hope the Pro swing serves your needs. Good luck!
Peace

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never in unclip mine while scooping during beach detecting. The clip is pretty tough to unclip and reclip IMO. I have it balanced where the coil end is slightly negative so when I let go the coil rests on the sand while scooping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread