Help with directions to East Fork please.

kypo

Greenie
May 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kypo.. take the 210 freeway to Azusa Blvd.. go north about 12 and a half miles ( Azusa turns into highway 39, San Gabriel Road) turn right on East Fork Road at the bridge going over the San Gabriel River.. East Fork Road is about 6 miles long.. I suggest you get there early in the morning to beat the other folks and recon East Fork Road all the way to the end where there is a parking area with toilets.. about a mile before the parking area at the end you will come to a sharp right turn which is Glendora Road, stay left...On your trip up East Fork Road you will see quite a few places that will interest you and your family..also a place with easy access to the water where you can pay for the day or camping.. there are also signs that will remind you that you need a wilderness pass for parking.. be sure and bring lots of water and remind the kids not to drink the river water... I suggest you make it on a weekday if you can... Google the area.. there is great history and it would be fun playing tour guide for the kids.. such as Shoemaker Road that was to lead to, what is now, the "bridge to nowhere".. I'll never forget my first trip there, back in 1958 when it required an overnighter...Find your own gold ;)..You will have a great time...Cool..

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

OP
OP
K

kypo

Greenie
May 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Herby for the easy directions and the advise. One more thing if you don't mind... you say there is a place to pay for the day, do I need a wilderness pass as well?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. You will need a wilderness pass to park there. They are available at the camp store you will pass on the way, or at the Ranger Station.

Mike

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Kypo..the pay by the day place is Camp Williams, a little village East Fork Road goes through..I don't think wilderness passes are required on private property..if you do I think you can buy a $5 day pass at the cafe/office...I personally boycott the wilderness pass requirement..but I'm willing to spend the time and money to fight a ticket..but that's just me..Have a great time with your family..

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread