Just saying Hi

FFYez88

Greenie
Jul 24, 2006
E City N.C.
Hi Ya'll,

I've been lurking around your site for 2 wks while I waited for my MD.
I decided on the Ace 250, been out twice with it approx 10hrs.
Wow I'm having a blast with it, although I've only found 27 cents... I like the hunt.
My Wife even got down and tried to dig to china w/ me on the 1st day..lol ;D

My 2nd day I was starting to feel like a Pro w/ it.
Thanks to everyone here and the informative posts.
I'm still having problems with pinpointing & in-consistant bleeps.
But I'll keep searching the site and reading all I can.

Thanks,
FFYez88

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby. It was this way when I started too. Visit the Garrett website for more info on the pinpointing with the ACE 250.

HH,
Sandman

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Welcome FFY, practice, practice, practice! You will get to know your machine & become more proficient with every find you dig! When just starting I recomend that you only dig strong signals that you get a "beep" in both directions, at least for a while. This was advice given to me when I first started out (5 long months ago) & it realy helped. After a while your confidence level will rise & you will start diggin more "iffy" signals & it will pay off. I routinely dig faint signals now & get coins at 8-10 inches. As far as pinpointing just keep practicing. I own an Ace250 but have only used it a couple times, I have other machines I prefer to use. A good idea is go into your yard & plant a few coins, mark their exact location with a toothpick or stick & see what the machine tells you. Plant different coins & memorize the tones for a quarter, dime, penny & nickel & see where your coil pinpoints. Wont be long & you'll feel like a seasoned pro! Just get a camera & post pics of your finds in TODAYS FINDS so we can see your progress & give you a pat on the back! Good luck!

AP

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Glad to have you with us, FFYez88! Can't wait to see the great finds that you're sure to make as you continue putting your new detector through its paces!

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome 2 the best site on the web,say goodby 2 your normal habits like mowing the grass,odd jobs around the house,dishs piling up in the sink,forgetting 2 shave,dark rings under your eyes from lack of sleep from thinking of places 2 hunt,wierd smells(did i forget 2 shower?)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome aboard, FFYez. :)

Good luck with your new machine. I'll be looking for your first finds post! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread