Just Some random Stuff

madmacabre

Mar 9, 2008
Rhode Island
I sneaked over to the empty field thats close to where I worked and Ended up with some random stuff. No coins sadly , But I may go off and finish hunting the rest of it. Looks like I found an old button and some sort of bell. It still works but Im not sure if it was used on a farm animal or not. Anyone have an idea of the age of the button? It says "GILT" on the back.

Happy hunting

fieldlv5.jpg

randomstuffen5.jpg

buttonbottomfj2.jpg

buttontopau3.jpg

bellxr4.jpg

thingwy9.jpg

Upvote 0

stewystarr

May 15, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
I love random stuff! I have a similar bell that has a patent date of 1878. Not sure if yours is that old but it looks similar.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, I would go back to that site and really give it a good going over. Nice old button and love the sleigh bell,
I have a few of those. They were made by a blacksmith. Most of the sleigh bells that are found have a number on
the bottom of them. But yours is really old also. Most of the small ones are in good shape and still ring true. The bigger sleigh bells go from size 1 to 12 or 13 and if they come out of a field are usually cut in half by a plow.

Thanks for the post, nice pictures.

HH,Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread