Just starting CRH...

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
Mostly dump banks, but I have opened some sort of account at all the major banks in my area. Those banks that have more than 3 branchs. Sounds like alot but it is only 4 banks. Those banks with less than 3 branches I don't bother with. Most banks will let you purchase coin without a account but I have to say some will not! Just depends.
Hope that helps!
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
I have found any of the banks will sell you the few they have. But will not order for you with out an account. Except the credit unions. When I was in CA I was asked if I had an account and just told them no I live in Kentucky and am just here for a few days they sold me the coins plus sold me a 1935 quarter. Any bank will take a hand full of rolls of coins for you but to dump a large amount you would need an account.

Thanks
Cat

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At credit unions you have to have an account 99.9% of the time, whether you are picking up coins or dumping. At banks it just depends on the mood of the teller and the amount you want to dump. Usually if the teller is a lazy teller, they will ask you if you have an account first. Kind of a screening process to see if they actually have to do work or not. But no matter what, just be nice to the tellers, even the meanest ones, and good things will come to you.

CladMaster

Dec 25, 2007
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Explorer SE
King_Of_Coins said:
What are your experiences regarding bank accounts? Need one at each bank to get halves? Or just at dump banks?

I have only had 2 tellers from banks where I didn't have an account refuse to sell me halves. I said to them both " I really need these coins for my poker game tonight and you are the only bank that has any. Could you please make an exception this time?" It worked both times :) As far as dumping goes, they won't take my dumps unless I have an account. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread