Just what I am up too

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I decided that I will take the gamble and hike out the hydraulic jack. I want to move those two big rocks by the river. I must admit I have my doubts about the amount of gold left under those two rocks.. The dirt has proven great and their is still probably about 3 pans or so of dirt under them. But I am not completely sure that I will be able to work the rocks. But if I do manage to get them moved I have a few places I am sure that I can break and will be able to continue in this area for awhile longer. I am borrowing another camera and I am headed out before first light tomorrow as I might need all the daylight I can get.. I have brought out Jacks and crap before and truthfully they always seem to waste my time.. Either I can't get it done or more often then not the Gold just aint there. Won't know till I try I guess. I never did go to the dusty area. I am getting greedy I guess.. I not really looking forward to carrying all this crap out. So far I have two 5' rock bars and a 3' crowbar 1 20lbs hammer a four pound hammer and my chisels which are replaced every other day or so. 3 miles 1 river crossing and the dam water getting colder. Well all said and done that's is my kind of misery.. Anyway I hope everyone is having a Happy October.. Hopefully I will have something worth while to post tomorrow but who knows.

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ever considered getting a Llama? Hear they can pack a good load,
and go anywhere you can go, pretty much. Just stake it out while
your digging, and then let it carry the load back out.

Like a buddy of mine says.."Be strong like bull, and smart like tractor"

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Man, if you think there is good gold there, then do it!If not, then stay at home in your easy chair and watch reruns of Duck Dynasty. And wonder why you never did it, years later, with regrets.

It sounds like you are tired and burnt out. Have you lost the thrill of discovery and adventure? Maybe you just need some time off.

I do wish you luck!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I decided that I will take the gamble and hike out the hydraulic jack. I want to move those two big rocks by the river. I must admit I have my doubts about the amount of gold left under those two rocks.. The dirt has proven great and their is still probably about 3 pans or so of dirt under them. But I am not completely sure that I will be able to work the rocks. But if I do manage to get them moved I have a few places I am sure that I can break and will be able to continue in this area for awhile longer. I am borrowing another camera and I am headed out before first light tomorrow as I might need all the daylight I can get.. I have brought out Jacks and crap before and truthfully they always seem to waste my time.. Either I can't get it done or more often then not the Gold just aint there. Won't know till I try I guess. I never did go to the dusty area. I am getting greedy I guess.. I not really looking forward to carrying all this crap out. So far I have two 5' rock bars and a 3' crowbar 1 20lbs hammer a four pound hammer and my chisels which are replaced every other day or so. 3 miles 1 river crossing and the dam water getting colder. Well all said and done that's is my kind of misery.. Anyway I hope everyone is having a Happy October.. Hopefully I will have something worth while to post tomorrow but who knows.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing how it goes. Your approach is so different from most people's so it's always educational to see your work Victor, thanks!

...wish I had waterways full of bedrock here in CO like you have there :-/ Well at least we can still use ALL of our gold getting tools here!

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The day was a bust I walked away with less then a gram I would be surprised if it weighed a half a gram. I just dumped the snuffer into the coffee can without cleaning or weighing the gold. I got at the site around 7:30 and by noon I was pretty irritated.. Only Fly poop. Gold is such a pain. I am packing everything out and by Friday I will be in a new area. I smacked myself in the side of the mouth with the crowbar and broke a tooth. Just one of those fun day's.. I used the gopro camera I wasn't able to borrow another camera They said I would probably break it. definitely some truth there..

BedrockBubba I am always tired as for a break I got a dentist appointment Tuesday that will have to do. Truthfully the gold told me it was probley not very good under the rocks with the exception of the immediate vicinity of the one pay line. the problem was I started thinking and not listening..

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ouch, really sorry to hear about your accident and tooth :(

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all of the great post's MadM...

Due to your influence, I am putting together a "Rock / Crack Kit", hammer, crow bar, etc. So Heavy !

As said above, you have a great approach. Always enjoy your post's. Sorry it did not go so well, but is nice to know that even the members I consider to be "veterans" still don't strike it rich every time they go out. Thought I was doin something wrong :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread