Just when I thought it wouldnt happen to me.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Just when I thought it wouldn't happen to me.

I went to pick up 2 boxes of halves today and while there I asked if they had any extra. They told me they had 2 rolls so obviously I took them. As I walked out of the bank with my 2 boxes and 2 rolls my attention was diverted away from my usual 2-3 40% in each box. What had my curiosity was how old the wrappers were. Well as soon as I got to my truck I had to open them. To my disbelief I not only found one solid roll of silver but 2 solid rolls of 1965-1969 halves. I couldn't believe this actually happened to me! I never found a solid roll let alone 2.
Well I got home and my boys were ecstatic, my oldest son ripped open the 1 box and said, DAD LOOK! Sure enough there on the end of a roll was a Walking Liberty...unbelievable!
We ended up only finding 2 40%r's out of the boxes along with the Walker.
So off to the dump bank we went, my oldest boy went along and I'm glad he did. As I was dumping nickels and pennies he was rooting around behind the machine and found a 1968 Half...unbelievable! Then he wanted to get some nickels. So we went to another bank and bought a box of nickels.
We got home and in no time he and my 6 year old were tearing into them. That box yielded 4 silver nickels.
This was my best day ever especially since I got to spend it with the kids and they had a blast.
Totals were:
1-1942 WL
43- 40% halves
4 War Nickels

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul... It always comes when you least expect it..

ZSandmann

Oct 23, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Amazing story. My lovely wife just got me some dimes and I can't wait to get home and tear into them. Still trying to find a source for halves, you're lucky!!!

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story! Good hunt, and it only makes it better that you got to do it with your kids! I'm glad they enjoy it too.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When I read the title, I thought this was going to be a CRHing horror story, haha. Good job on the half dollar finds!
HH!
- DS

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure which is sweeter silver or time with the family happy huntinn

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
What makes the silver that much sweeter is when the discovery is shared with those we love! Like you, I am teaching and showing my son all of the fun and enjoyment he can get from this hobby as well. Nice job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread