Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to join. I will have to see what my doctor says. I have surgery to repair a ruptured disc next week. Maybe a month will be enough recovery, knock on wood!

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would love to join. I will have to see what my doctor says. I have surgery to repair a ruptured disc next week. Maybe a month will be enough recovery, knock on wood!

I would be willing to help you hump the equipment around so all you have to do is let the nozzle work.:hello2:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckily, I can normally back up to the river and swide it out right into the water!

Timmy Tom

Aug 14, 2012
I have a question for y'all. Can you find flakes in the gravel
Bars or do you need to
Get to bedrock. How far up
And down k. River is the gold. Just wandering if erosion really spread it out. I have been invited to check a few places here in Ar. In the middle of the same Mtn. Range.

Thank you.

TT

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kiamichis are an ancient mountain chain. I do know that flour gold is found in the K river down in TX. It's probably up in AR as well.

karld

Jul 25, 2012
Alexandria, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The k river is up decent right now.
Nephew and I are camped at k river right now. going to dredge all weekend.

karld

Jul 25, 2012
Alexandria, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All I can say is TIRED!!

Dredged for about 12 hours on Saturday and 10 hours on Sunday.
We made a hole about 8 feet round and about 4 feet deep.
We brought back 2 5 gallon buckets of concentrates to go thru. The test pans looked promising. Will post some pics later on.

Ranger!!! Was nice to meet you up there! I now have dredge envy after watching you run your 5 inch dredge!

He got down to bedrock in about 3 hours... I didn't make it in 2 days!!!

For those who are wondering. The river was up decent. There was more water this trip than during my last trip.

Take care ya'll

Karl

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad you guys had fun I didnt know Ranger was going.I wanted to see that beast run.Did he see anything on bedrock.I am looking for a bigger dredge and wanted to see if it was worth it.

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello Karld and Okbasspro

it whas nice to meet u karld and thanks fore the help pf unloading and loading the dreadge it whas fun to get out there and suck up some gravel. just wish my back would of held out thoe but next time i will have my son there to help me out. Okbasspro yeap i whas hopeing to see u there maybe next time we will meet up.

Ranger

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am heading to K River Oct 13-14 anyone else up for a trip.Starting to cool off bring wetsuits if you got them.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am heading to K River Oct 13-14 anyone else up for a trip.Starting to cool off bring wetsuits if you got them.

No guarantee, but I am going to try to make it. My back is doing much better, but I am still far from being able to load my dredge. I would love to help you tend your sluice or work the nozzle and shoot some footage for a new youtube vid.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No guarantee, but I am going to try to make it. My back is doing much better, but I am still far from being able to load my dredge. I would love to help you tend your sluice or work the nozzle and shoot some footage for a new youtube vid.

If you get into the truck I will unload for you or you can hang with us also.Which ever you chose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions