Regulation / Rules on prospecting on the Mokelumne River

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out cruising Hiway 49 over the weekend and found a river which I assume to be the Mokelumne River (flows into Lake Pardee). We went down to the river and its packed full of Mica, the river bed was just glistening! I didn't have a pan, but I did have a frisbee, LOL. So me and my son used the frisbee to wash out the Mica to get to the black sand... After 30 minutes, we found a decent sized gold flake! I assume its gold as I was able to bend it????

I want to come back with a shovel and a sluice box. Where and how can I check if its OK to prospect for gold at that location? A bridge crossed the river, name of the location was Big Bar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure you are all right.Up river from there it is posted with Claim signs but I asked into this and was told somebody illegally posted that....supposedly its "unclaimable".

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm reading correctly, the bridg area and upstream (2-3 miles up to Elektra) is good?

The water is cold!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm reading correctly, the bridg area and upstream (2-3 miles up to Elektra) is good?

The water is cold!
..............that is what I was told?

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hoser John. That will sorta tough to get to record's office during business hours.... Time for some Paid Time Off! haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread