Kaiser and the Corbold Gold ( A slumach lost creek mine story)

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
When Seekers of Gold, Chapter 1, was first published and I just moved to Joyce Street. I was contacted via e-mail by a mysterious prospector calling himself Acorn Bob and claiming to hold the secret to the location of the Slumach--Jackson Lost Creek gold mine. He then told me he had a skill-testing question to ask me and if I answered it correctly that he would let me further in on the secret... I of course agreed to his terms. The question he then asked me was the following:

When Shotwell went in to search for the gold, what was the name of his partner?

For me this was not much of a question, as I was very familiar with The Golden Mountains, which, I was to learn, was one of Acorn Bob's Bibles.

My answer to Acron Bob was, "Harrington,"

and I passed his test. The next thing was a phone call from Acorn himself.
</p>
"Hello," I answered the phone nervously.
"Hello, Daryl," a very deep, commanding voice said. "I have been following your activities for some time online and I you do get around."
"Well, I have been on the search for most of my life," I answered.
"I see that. Now tell me, Daryl, where do you think the lost mine is?"
"Terrarosa Glacier," was my answer.
"WRONG," he replied.
"You have heard of Stuart Brown, right?" I asked.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SeKCURUY7iU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Stuart found something, but it was not where he told that (unacceptable language removed) Don Waite it was," Acorn said with anger in his voice.
At this point in my life Don Waite was a good friend. He had opened up to me tons about the lost mine and shared his info with me and was in my eyes kind of a mentor. He would of course ruin this down the road. It turned out, as I was to learn, I was not the only one who he would hurt in his own quest to record this legend.
"Don Waite showed me tons of info about the lost mine."
"You know him," Acorn says with mistrust in his voice.

To read more go here..
Kaiser and the Gold of the Corbold (A Slumach lost creek mine story)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions