Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep it clean - I'll try (NW OHIO)

I posted this topic a few months back

If This Is You:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,350819.msg2513722.html#msg2513722

Well today before work, I went out to my local park that I have been hunting for 10 or so years to get in a little dig time.

The head of the parks department approached me and asked me if I knew who was using a spade to dig holes while detecting. We walked around and he showed me a few that I hadn't seen before and they where fairly new holes. He said he didn't have a problem with me or the other older gentleman that detects there.

He also said they have been on the look out for whoever is doing it. Their doing it in the afternoons after the park employees have gone home for the day. He also said if they can't catch the person their talking about making it off limits.

I gave him my name and number and I told him I'd do whatever I could to help and that I'd hate to see the park closed off to metal detecting.

So if you live in NW Ohio and your metal detecting in Montpelier's Park with a spade and your reading this KNOCK IT OFF AND IF I CATCH YOU GUESS WHERE THAT SPADE IS GOING! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Re: Keep it clean - I'll try (NW OHIO)

Ouch :o

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I saw your first post before. Did you ever p[ost it in the Ohio section. I hope you catch the person that is doing this as he/she will ruin it for the rest of us. I don't know where Montpelier Park is at in Toledo but if I did when I am in town I would drive by to help catch this person. Good Luck....Matt

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Montpelier is the town about an hour west of Toledo if you take the turn pike.

I've been really upset all day, it makes me sick to my stomach thinking my back yard, so to speak, will be off limits. I'll bet money it's probable someone with an E Bay detector and not clue to what their doing.

It's a rather large park for the size of the town. It was made into a park in the early 70's. Every once in a while I find silver and some nice jewelry.

I consider myself lucky to have such a nice place to hunt just a few blocks away.

I've cooled down since I first posted and I've been thinking how I should approach this person should I find him or her. If I handle the situation right I could end up with a hunting buddy that's a little wiser.

In the morning I plan on going over to the park maintenance building and talk to the boss and make sure he knows how I hunt and how important it is for me to help them stop what's going on. (Damage Control)

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

One thing for sure, they shouldn't be hard to spot! I know my digging technique has improved tremendously since I dug my first target. Presently, I consider any dig as a 'surgical' removal and do my best to make it difficult to impossible to see where I have been. You may be right, this may be a birthday gift or eBay win and he just needs a little education.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Roland58 said:
One thing for sure, they shouldn't be hard to spot! I know my digging technique has improved tremendously since I dug my first target. Presently, I consider any dig as a 'surgical' removal and do my best to make it difficult to impossible to see where I have been. You may be right, this may be a birthday gift or eBay win and he just needs a little education.

Although I i live very far from you I had a similar experience today hopefully the read up on this and other posts and learn the easy way!!!! HH Chug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread