Keep Your Coin Roll Hunting

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
avg. 4-5 silvers a box is not shabby at all. Yes the dream boxes are nice but a consistant 4-5 silvers will produce more in the long run and keep you happy. I was fortunate to get into this before too many knew about it and reaped the benefits. Now I get those good boxes from time to time but nothing like before. I do still find the silver though which keeps me going.

Golden Silver

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sack0silver said:
That where some of you got unlucky in getting lucky, I have not had an awesome find to match, no solid rolls, no dream boxes, I average 4-5 silvers a box and keep on rolling :P

PS
I want something awesome already! :BangHead:

I'd be so glad to have 4-5 silvers per box. For me, it's more like 1 x 40%'er for every couple of boxes. It isn't really worth my time to hunt for silver halves.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NewsMan said:
So... I don't coin roll hunt, but was in the credit union the other day and just mentioned Kennedy halves. They tell me they have some that some guy ordered.. so I said, 'I'll buy 'em". $250 in half dollars later and not a damn one under 1971. You can keep it!

You've been Skunked!

Attachments

• I Been Skunked.JPG
    I Been Skunked.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 553
  • I Been Skunked.JPG
    I Been Skunked.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 550

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
He has made the skunk loveable....look it is so cute! Then when you get one you remember how bad they stink.

Golden Silver

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
The average around here is one 40 per 2k searched, and the 90's are about 1 in 12 boxes or 6k searched.
Its an addiction; if you are serious about moving some of your wealth into Ag then this is not the route to take, just buy som e from one of the major bullion houses.

For example - hunting 3k in boxes per week averages between pickup and dump about 120 miles each week, total. Original capital cost (based on 150,000 mile lifetime of vehicle), Gas & wear and tear (oil changes, brakes, tires) ends up with a 28 cent per mile rate At 120 miles, that means about 33 bucks a week in outlay. Typical week will yield one or two 40s, and a 50-50 chance of picking up a 90. So best week is 2 40s and a 90 for 33 bucks. I can go to a bullion house and by Eagles for 38 bucks.

so two-thirds of an ounce for 33vsr a full ounce for 38. And that is a good week hunting, many weeks/months at a time there is nothing in the boxes...

If you are hoarding for content and you hunt, you are an idiot. But if you are like me and addicted to the chase...it really doesn't matter what you find, because' its the thrill of the unknown!
In other words its a hobby not a job. Look at it as a hobby and you are OK. Look at it as a job, and you just do not have the right perspective.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotgot said:
The average around here is one 40 per 2k searched, and the 90's are about 1 in 12 boxes or 6k searched.
Its an addiction; if you are serious about moving some of your wealth into Ag then this is not the route to take, just buy som e from one of the major bullion houses.

For example - hunting 3k in boxes per week averages between pickup and dump about 120 miles each week, total. Original capital cost (based on 150,000 mile lifetime of vehicle), Gas & wear and tear (oil changes, brakes, tires) ends up with a 28 cent per mile rate At 120 miles, that means about 33 bucks a week in outlay. Typical week will yield one or two 40s, and a 50-50 chance of picking up a 90. So best week is 2 40s and a 90 for 33 bucks. I can go to a bullion house and by Eagles for 38 bucks.

so two-thirds of an ounce for 33vsr a full ounce for 38. And that is a good week hunting, many weeks/months at a time there is nothing in the boxes...

If you are hoarding for content and you hunt, you are an idiot. But if you are like me and addicted to the chase...it really doesn't matter what you find, because' its the thrill of the unknown!
In other words its a hobby not a job. Look at it as a hobby and you are OK. Look at it as a job, and you just do not have the right perspective.

Amen! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread