Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And, to prove that I am not trying to take this thread off the tracks... I don't plan on selling my first ounce. I def like the idea of making a little bar out of it. Anyone have a pic of a one ounce bar? That has to be, well,,,cute.

Yep, I imagine mine hanging from a chain, with somethin like a $$$ sign punched on it, maybe my initials too ? A$L ? :laughing7:

How much fun would it be to have your own Gold Bar !!! (just 1/400 scale)

OP
OP
B

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do plan to keep my first ounce prob get a necklace or something made. I could see my initials done or just a gold bar melt it my self

OP
OP
B

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see kevin sneakin into the coffie isle. Its cool bud ill be ur look out

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can see kevin sneakin into the coffie isle. Its cool bud ill be ur look out
LoL, cool, thanks dude...meet you at the Safeway in Winter Park around midnight. ;-)

To keep the thread on track...I've never sold any gold. I made my wife a ring with a bit of my "mineral collection" though. I've also been paid in gold once, that was cool.

OP
OP
B

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright sounds good see ya there tonight. Gettin paid in gold would be gold. For me its gonna come down to how much i get i guess. My goal is 5 pounds by next winter... But ill be happy if i get 5 grams lmao

OP
OP
B

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh kevin ill slip in write gold mill on the grinder so they cant get to mad

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No one has mentioned private party sales. Plenty of folks around that don't want others knowing they buy gold. They pay less then retail, and you make more then the 72-80% you'll get commercially. I never look forward to it but I do sell it. I don't like the feeling your left with. On one hand you like the reward of that pocket full of cash. On the other, after all the work and time it takes to build it up, your left with a hollow empty feeling the cash can't make up for. Hi, my name is fowledup and I'm a gold junkie.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a buddy in ga, who sells some of his gold. He sits on plenty of his own, but in the right timing, he will sell some to one of a couple fellow prospectors. Not sure about exact details, but he's done such to fund Xmas, bdays, anniversaries, etc.

OP
OP
B

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats my one of my goals. My plan is to keep some but build it up till i really need to let it go or want something big ie new car new dredge maybe a vacation to florida. Im not good at saving money tend to buy the things i want when i want em probably my age i guess. It will be alot harder to spend when its raw gold lol. I dont plan on running to the rip off we buy gold places either.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I recovered almost 5 oz last year and sold every bit of it with a smile on my face. Didn't bother me in the slightest. I don't have the "fever," for me dredging gold is just a job that I really like doing. My personal best was $960 in 3 days. You don't make that kind of money turning wrenches.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm waiting for a payday like that!

I'm hoping for many like that this year. I have a personal goal of 30oz. A 6" dredge should get me close if I can find good ground! Getting gold is just a numbers game, the more material you move the more gold you get. Doesn't matter if your shoveling, panning or dredging.

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After selling ounces of gold I've decided to keep it for now on. At least the nuggets and bigger pieces that is. I finally made a necklace out of a nugget that I found recently and I want one from each location that I go to. Unfortunately I could have completed my goal already if I hadn't sold all my nuggets in the past... Bah! I might never reach that goal now... Have to find the perfect size for it 2-3+grams is a good size for it I think.

pods

Feb 18, 2014
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
BGT mini and prospector, Gold-n-Sand.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I come from the camp that gold IS money, so I will be keeping mine until it is money again. Or let my kids decide what to do with it.
Unless I am breaking toes tripping over it in the night that is. Then I might think about using it to buy land.
Of course, there is currently more gold in my bottle of Goldschlager on the shelf than in my vial on the window sill. One nugget can change that though.
(and yes, I am filtering out the gold in that bottle too!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread