keeping trash separate from finds

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I have a simple system that comes in handy at the end of the hunt. What I do is place a 2 gallon ziplock inside a 2 gallon ziploc. The coins and good stuff go in the inside ziploc and trash goes in the outer ziploc bag. At the end of the hunt there is no more separating the coins from the aluminum cans and other trash. Cause there is at least one instance where I think I accidentally threw out a penny with the metal trash when I had them combined in the same bag.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happens if the trash tears a hole in the coin bag? It is far better to use a two pocket apron or pouch sturdy enough to hold the trash and digging tools.

HH,
Sandman

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all in one pouch unless its a keeper cool find etc then in a pocket it goes i dump all my stuff in a pile on a carpet square then after a few hunts i sort threw it. i have almost a 5 gallon bucket full of trash thats from less then a years worth maybe 7-8 months including winter when the grounds froze so maybe less then that really ,do the math

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Those large 2 gallon ziploc bags are pretty sturdy. I have been using the same two since the beginning of May and I have been out literally every day and there aren't any holes in them. Works for me. I used to use a Home Depot apron but they always gets so nasty from the dirt.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a 2 Pocket Apron, & a small Jar of Dish Soap water.

old Coins & Jewelry go from the Ground Immediately in the Water.
(some of the ground here turns to Cement when Dry. The Water keeps it moist till I can remove it.)

Clad Goes into one Apron Pocket, Trash in the other.

Large Trash gets layed to the Side, till later.

If the Item is Delicate. It gets taken to the my vehicle & placed
in a safe place till I get home.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bout the same with delicate stuff here i try to park as close to were im working the spot for that reason
or if a strong box or bag of morgans pops out of the ground helps to make a clean get away....less stupid questions ;) oh film canisters work great for good coins rings or whatever....

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wow...some great ideas.

I thought about packing some water in something to put coins and stuff in...just haven't done it yet.

I always carry a plastic grocery bag and hang it on my detector...for all the trash. But I'm getting so good, my trash bag is hardly full anymore LMAO :):):) (yeah right!!!)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best container I'v found so far is a Small Spice Jar.

I leave the Plastic Sprinkler in. it keeps the lid from leaking in my apron.

Attachments

• spice001.jpg
    spice001.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 360

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Now, that old spice bottle is awesome to use....you apparently spend alot of time in the kitchen...don't worry..so does my hubby :) LOL What a cool idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions