Kellyco didnt break it off in me after all... RESOLVED

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
Kellyco didn't break it off in me after all... RESOLVED

Last MARCH I ordered the SEF 18X15 coil for my Explorer. I got the rest of my order, but no coil. So I sent a few emails back and forth between myself and Patricia Belcher on the subject, and was assured I was on the list and would receive it when it came in. My card was charged for it, then "corrected" for the order minus the coil. I have been patiently waiting ever since. At the time the coil was running about $220.00 USD. Now it is almost 4 months later, and the price of the coil has gone up to $699.95!!!! What do you bet I never see the coil I ordered and have been supposedly on the list for for the last 4 MONTHS!!! If this is how they do the bait and switch, I am done with them. My last Excal 2 came from them, but they aren't the only detector store on the net. I sent Patricia 2 emails today, I'll let you know the outcome. Yes, I have my order number, and the shipping number for what actually was shipped, and all emails that were sent and received.... I just thought I should post this to give everyone a heads up on what their business practices seem to be.
HH
Joe

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: I think Kellyco broke it off in me...

Hey Joe,
I am a Minelab dealer and I do know that after they see this post, they will take care of you. :icon_thumleft:

They are reputable and get a little busy sometimes.

PM Kellyco-chick (Treasure-net) or call K-CO and speak with JW. He is a good man and will make it right. :icon_thumleft:

If I can help, let me know OK?
Mike

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

huh if they "off charged" the coil amount to your card -- they in effect "cancelled" your order of the coil -- but if the coil was part of a "package deal" theres no way they should be able to do that legally --since it is "part of the overall deal "-- even if the coil is / was a seperate item and not part of a package deal --if they just "cancelled" part of your order and rebated the cost to your card --its still not "right" since you had a "deal" in place to buy the item at a agreed upon price at that date , which has gone up greatly since then. --- if you gota dated "proof of order" they should stick to the deal -- and provide you with it at the agreed upon price.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Saw this post and HAD to reply...

This past week was my second time dealing with Kellyco. Both times were problematic to say the least :(

First time dealing with them, I purchased a 6X10 DD coil for my old MXT 300. Also figured I'd pick up a lesche to go with it since I didn't have one. Spied something on their website called the "Gator Digger". Was being billed as the toughest cutting tool out there. The greatest invention since the wheel...lol. So, based on the description, I bought it. Well, after a few hard uses in the field, there is absolutely NO comparison between the Gator Digger and a real, actual lesche. I know. Have worked with many of my friends'. It is an okay digging tool, but, it actually bent on me while trying to pry an item out of a hole. It is still together and I use it once and a while. Not a bad digger, but, they have big *#@^@ making the claim that it's the best digger on the market. Strike one.

Cut to this past Monday. I purchased a Minelab Safari, 8X6 butterfly coil, sand scoop, rain cover & a lesche (the real one) from their website. Called the next day to make sure my order went through alright since I don't trust "technology" 100%. Well...glad that I called :( When I got someone on the line, the young woman told me yes, my order did go through just fine. Great. So far so good, right? WRONG!!! While she has the order screen in front of her, she says "wait a minute, I think we're out of stock on one of the items". So I said, what item? She says the 8X6 butterfly coil. Being a bit disappointed, I then asked her why it didn't state clearly on their website that they were out of stock. She said she didn't know why. Said I'd have to wait a few weeks till they get them in. Okay. Being human, I know mistakes do happen. I also know they are in the sales business like myself. They need to employ a little trickery from time to time to bring business in. Nothing major. I can live with it. I then joked with her and said, well, at least I'm gonna be getting my detector. We both laughed. Then (hope your ready for this) she says to me "hold on, looks like we might not have the Safari's in stock". After my bad joke, I remember thinking, boy is SHE funny. Well, turns out, she wasn't being funny. The Safari's were indeed out of stock. Strike two. Now I'm fuming...

I again asked her why they didn't state this on their website. Kinda like going into Mcdonald's and being told they are out of hamburgers after paying for your meal. Again, "she didn't know". I then told her that the reason I paid for express 2 day shipping was I need my detector, coil, etc. for an important upcoming hunt. Needed it by Thursday. Which I would have had it by, provided THEY HAD EVERYTHING IN STOCK! I then asked her how long I'd have to wait for the Safari and she claimed a week or two. I just about exploded. I know it wasn't the young lady's fault, but, there was definitely something fishy going on. And I didn't like it. After I started to moan and complain, she then asked if I would hold for a moment. She comes back to the line a couple minutes later and says Kellyco will have a new shipment of Safari's in on Wednesday - the next day. With my 2 day shipping, I still wouldn't have my detector in hand for when I needed it. So, she asked the manager and they approved bumping my shipping from 2 day express to overnight, on them of course. After more moaning and complaining by me and several more reassurances by the salesgirl, I was told that I SHOULD have my order by the Thursday I had originally planned for. Well...

On Thursday, my girlfriend calls to tell me that my detector had arrived at her business where I had it sent to. Great! I then asked her how many boxes there were. She said "just one". Being kinda bright, I then asked myself, how in the world would Kellyco manage to fit a 4 foot, one-piece (it doesn't fold, come apart or collapse) beach scoop in the box with the detector. Must be a big box I remember thinking. After excitedly speeding home with my new toy and opening the box, my joy quickly turned to anger...

Strike three, you guessed it, no beach scoop. After taking out all of the free (yeah right) extra's in the box (mostly crap), I then noticed a box with a coil. But wait, the salesgirl told me they wouldn't be getting my coil in for a few weeks, remember? I thought for a second that maybe my luck was changing. Maybe Kellyco DID have my coil in stock and simply made a mistake. Yippee!!! Well, they certainly did make a mistake. Another one that is. Strike four. After opening the box, I noticed the coil was round. Butterfly coils aren't supposed to be round. Hence the name "butterfly coil". Are you listening or reading this Mr. Kellyco? After putting 2 and 2 together, the first thing that I thought was, these Kellyco bums tried sending me another coil (a cheaper one) to get over on me. And shut me up. I quickly got on the horn to them...

After speaking to yet another salesgirl (how come so many sales people when they have no products in stock!) I was told she didn't know why I wasn't told that they didn't have any beach scoops in stock when I called the first time. She also didn't know why they sent me a different (and inferior) coil other than the one I had ordered. After another run-around, I was told I'd have to wait several more days for my beach scoop. I was also told that Kellyco would send me a return shipping label to send back the wrong coil they sent me, the shipping being paid by them. Gee thanks a bunch Kellyco...for making another hassle in my life. They also said they would refund my initial purchase price of the express shipping I paid for. Wow. How nice. Lol. Strike five...

This ISN'T about money! This is about getting what I paid for (everything) in a timely fashion. With good customer service. Is that too much to ask for?!?! Apparently so :( I understand the nature of business. Like I said, I am a salesman by trade myself. However, if you don't have a product in stock, it would be nice to let people know that. Especially UP FRONT! No tricks, deception or games. Sorry Kellyco. You guys are running a sham outfit. And it's not just me who thinks this from the looks of this thread. I am in the process of making a nice video about my experiences with Kellyco and putting it up on Youtube. Hopefully, someone else won't have to suffer the same shenanigans as I did.

For all of you out there in computer-land, take my advice - deal with your local dealer for your detecting supplies. Why? For the same reason that you don't go into the Olive Garden expecting real, home-made italian food or Outback Steakhouse expecting a quality, prime-cut steak. If you want everything you paid for, on time and in an experienced manner...DEAL LOCAL! Take heed T-Net'ers.

B

BIG61AL

There seems to a serious customer service issue with Kellyco. Count me as one who has been burned and learned my lesson. Sorry Kellyco but sometimes the truth hurts.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JoeinMemphis said:
Last MARCH I ordered the SEF 18X15 coil for my Explorer. I got the rest of my order, but no coil. So I sent a few emails back and forth between myself and Patricia Belcher on the subject, and was assured I was on the list and would receive it when it came in. My card was charged for it, then "corrected" for the order minus the coil. I have been patiently waiting ever since. At the time the coil was running about $220.00 USD. Now it is almost 4 months later, and the price of the coil has gone up to $699.95!!!! What do you bet I never see the coil I ordered and have been supposedly on the list for for the last 4 MONTHS!!! If this is how they do the bait and switch, I am done with them. My last Excal 2 came from them, but they aren't the only detector store on the net. I sent Patricia 2 emails today, I'll let you know the outcome. Yes, I have my order number, and the shipping number for what actually was shipped, and all emails that were sent and received.... I just thought I should post this to give everyone a heads up on what their business practices seem to be.
HH
Joe

they probably removed the charge till they get their order in.

You posted this on a saturday.

i'm sure they will explain monday if they see it.

Of course you could make things Easier for them
And call Monday or PM KellycoChick http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?action=profile;u=30020

padlock

Mar 28, 2010
Ann Arbor MI
Detector(s) used
DFX 300

ive talked to kelly co a few times on the phone and was ready to place an order and the 4 things I wanted to buy they were out of stock on. needless to say I refuse to buy from them and am more then willing to spend more on an item just to make sure I get what I paid for.

NOTE: the 4 things showed available online

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

padlock said:
ive talked to kelly co a few times on the phone and was ready to place an order and the 4 things I wanted to buy they were out of stock on. needless to say I refuse to buy from them and am more then willing to spend more on an item just to make sure I get what I paid for.

NOTE: the 4 things showed available online

It is not uncommon to see items available on websites that are not in stock, I see it a lot, and I am not talking about Kellyco. They are not just a mailorder, they do a LOT of walk in business. I have been in their store many times and never been in there when it was empty, and or the phones were not ringing off the wall.......

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000

I had the opposite dealings with Kellyco. I got on live chat with Wanda, she checked stock on all items called me for my credit card and I got full shipment in two days. :hello2: I am completely satisfied with them.

Some time I think we expect to much of a company and don't ask all the necessary questions or wait till the last minute when we need some thing now. :dontknow:

But if you are not happy with them then by all means buy from some one else, thats what free enterprise is all about :icon_thumright:

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees

Their communication blows....

And don't get me started on the "free stuff" they use to lure n00bs in with.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shambler said:
Their communication blows....

And don't get me started on the "free stuff" they use to lure n00bs in with.

The vast majority of the free stuff your talking about is given by the manufactors, not Kellyco, Kellyco is just the middle man..........

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

Have used Kellyco many times in the past and have always been happy with them. I ordered a new detector from them last month and it got here a day early! Will I continue to buy from them? You Bet I will.

HH

Desertfox

OP
OP
JoeinMemphis

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used

Thank you 4-H, actually Bryce has already tried to get a hold of JW in my behalf, but he was off today, I should know something Monday. I didn't know so many were unhappy with them, they have always been good to me throughout my detector purchases, this is the first time I have had trouble with them, but it is a 4 month ongoing oops, so I guess it makes up for it. From what I have heard the woman I was dealing with is no longer with them, and that might explain why I wasn't getting any customer service from my rep, she was MIA... Ivan, "they just "cancelled" part of your order and rebated the cost to your card --its still not "right" since you had a "deal" in place to buy the item at a agreed upon price at that date , which has gone up greatly since then." that is exactly what happened. I dont care if that coil is wound with 24K gold wire it isnt worth the $699 they are charging for it now... I am looking at the WOT as a backup in case I end up needing to go in a different direction. Proven track record, AND $225!!! Njnydigger... I don't know what to say, you just can't win buddy! I knew I was hearing other complaints about customer service on the forums, but YOU WIN!! I have never heard anything as fouled up as that!! Jeff, I hope you are right, I know its a slow boat from china, but I didn't think I would order it in March, and it still be MIA almost 4 months later. Like others in this post have said, nothing on the website even hinted to it being out of stock, the first clue I had that something was wrong was when I saw the full price of the order deducted from my debit card, then a day later saw the price of the coil credited back to the card. I was not in a hurry, I did not need my order now, I am still not in a hurry, but there is no &*^(&^@# way I am going to pay $699 for a coil I purchased for 2 and a quarter. I am not going to get snotty with them, I will just go somewhere else and buy a different coil from a different dealer and take Kellyco out of my favorites, and put somebody new in them. I am not trying to flame them or kill their business, the last 2 detectors I bought came from them, an Excal2 for me, and an ace 250 for the gf, also Garrett pinpointers, extra coils, diggers, sand scoops, Minelab batteries etc, and have not had a problem with them in the past, but now I have a $450 problem with them, and that will cause me to change dealers. Thank You to all who have offered support, and to those that aren't having a warm fuzzy experience with them, I hear ya! I will update this post when I know something.
HH
Joe

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Had an issue with a unopened return, got it squared away though.

OP
OP
JoeinMemphis

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used

Good luck RC, I hope you see it.
HH
Joe

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

As of tonight I could still click on that coil to add to cart and checkout. No mention of backorder status. Quite honestly I doubt any coil going from the $220 range to $699 will be in demand anyway. Times must be good in Bulgaria.

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon

Jimbog said:
As of tonight I could still click on that coil to add to cart and checkout. No mention of backorder status. Quite honestly I doubt any coil going from the $220 range to $699 will be in demand anyway. Times must be good in Bulgaria.

Could you explain this?
Newt

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Newt said:
Jimbog said:

Could you explain this?
Newt
Soitenly. I just wonder how they justify a price increase like that. From the Kellyco site.

• EXcelerator Search Coils: These aftermarket coils are manufactured in Bulgaria by the world-renowned “Detech” company.

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon

I was just wondering. Nothing else.
Thanks,
Newt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread