Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't talking about price matching, was referring to your comment "dont mess up the first time"? You expect flawless CS..... That is what I was referring to.

I'm not speaking for kellyco either, I don't work for kellyco, I'm speaking as a customer and as someone who has worked in customer service for decades....

I have posted here many times that I go to kellyco weekly for various reasons, I have worked on their phone systems, I have met the owners and mannagement, I have posted many times that I an glad to help if I can, my hunting partner Dave set up their repair center, his brother works in the repair center, I have seen and heard first hand how much they care about customer service, I bet they easily ship well over 1000 items a week, there are bound to be a few issues from time to time when dealing in that volume.

I have helped members with Minelab with issues posted here as well, I got to know the head man in Chicago. I have helped members when they didn't even know I was helping just by talking to Minelab about issues posted here. I only do it to help....

You and your wife are 2 people, Kellyco is a large business, they are not a mom and pop store front....

KC-Brad

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
many others at leisure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't mess up the first time...no situations to fix then!
want to fix the situation ? price match the competitors price I found online a hour ago.
not a sponsor here so I can't put the link here, but if kellyco wants to send me a pm, I'll retract my displeasure, and thumbsup for fixing it. or just let it be, matters not really, I just want my coil.

Mike

Not blaming or saying names or anything, but if someone asks me to price match and they are a reputable vendor, I have no problem doing so. We go through a process of putting orders in, and the amount we put in a week, sometimes it is just habit to hit the shipping button. Saturdays are quite busy here, maybe whoever did the order had someone right next to him waiting on him to help them out, which can be distracting. Unfortunately, the experience you had was an unpleasant one, but we are a very highly rated company and we try to make sure our customers are served correctly everytime. As TH said, there are always some hiccups in every business, and unfortunately, we are not going to provide perfect experiences 100% of the time since we are all human...but I will make sure our service is A+, even if it wasn't perfect the first time because we want to aim for that 100% experience everytime. Chris is going to be a great addition to our team, he will help address any issues to Gene if need be and we will make sure the service and experience will come to you as nicely as all of our customers that we serve daily for 50+ years. Something like this is easily fixable and we will make sure it is corrected for you.

-Brad

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well didn't realize y'all were such a big company now, last time I had made a purchase from kellyco I think it was in 86'. its really not a big deal, I had already contacted your CS department and was told of the shipping charge, just would have liked to know at the time of order. y'all don't have to fix anything, the purpose of this thread was to vent after the CS email..that's it no less no more. I do appreciate all the replies though. if y'all want I'll delete the thread, I guess its not the kind of thing any business wants to see.
matter closed.

Mike

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well didn't realize y'all were such a big company now, last time I had made a purchase from kellyco I think it was in 86'. its really not a big deal, I had already contacted your CS department and was told of the shipping charge, just would have liked to know at the time of order. y'all don't have to fix anything, the purpose of this thread was to vent after the CS email..that's it no less no more. I do appreciate all the replies though. if y'all want I'll delete the thread, I guess its not the kind of thing any business wants to see.
matter closed.

Mike

Hey BC1969, if you get a minute tomorrow please give me a shout directly at Kellyco or email me with a number and best time to reach you so we can talk. Obviously somewhere mistakes were made and you will be helping me to hopefully prevent them from happening again. I look forward to hearing from you and resolving your issue.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
matter closed.

Mike
Mike your call, the thread is open till it is resolved one way or another.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike this is just to give you an idea of the size of Kellyco, here are pictures I found on the net....

30,000 square foot building on 3-1/2 acres with the worlds largest selection of modern metal detectors .....

9d544930cedd5cffda68cee027bb5545.jpg

289314347af7700d48735fef38f4971c.jpg

Where you see the over head lighting is now a 2nd floor in development for expansion of their museum..

f952062a21251640ca495230e2832f00.jpg

151e10af1c7f0b206f0236729eab9aa6.jpg

99de13fd93798c9f9bb51c863f54ad3a.jpg

9328b71f4fff01ac083e6fd7238ccaff.jpg

828b870697006b09200083785e1ed61e.jpg

38d6b23217a6a5f38110ae1d244fb92f.jpg

f28123cdd6aac54d261c89909f847e03.jpg

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, TH, everyone, just remember, the larger the company, the more chances there are of mistakes being made. No, I'm not saying to stay away from large companies. Most of the time, the larger the company, the more they are concerned with making the mistakes 'right'. I've dealt with quite a number of companies, large and small. It seems that all of them are very concerned with any problems that happen. I've only had a couple of companies that didn't seem to care about the problems that I've complained about.
If a company is trying to correct their mistakes, give them a chance to do so. Only if a company doesn't seem to care about correcting a mistake, would I feel that they were a company that I would not want to deal with any more. I'm having a problem with a company at the present time that I don't know whether I will be able to get satisfaction or not. So far, I been able to get a little closer to being satisfied, but I'm not there yet. It takes time to get satisfaction for both sides. I'm not giving up yet. It's a 'give and take' situation. You need to give a little and the other side need to give at least as much as you. If both sides give and take equally, then it's a 'win/win' situation.
Mike, I know how you feel, but give Kelly Co a chance to 'make amends'. Most of the time, a company will give more than is needed to correct a mistake. As the old saying goes: Sh*t happens. It's just something that will always happen, and if there's someone to correct it, then OK!!

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike I had my issue a while back. I guaranty if you contact Gene at Kellyco with a legitimate complaint he will take care of it quickly. Real nice guy who really does care about customer satisfaction.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a company ships a 1000 packages a month and averages 10 problems a month that is still only 1% customer issues, now of course it sucks as a consumer if your part of that 1%, but try to give any company a chance to make it right.

I'm speaking in general, not at Mike.....

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had very great luck and service with Kellyco...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
matter closed.

Mike
Sounds like Kellyco cares about your problem and is trying to make you happy...nice to see from a large company.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep Kellyco fixed my issue and went above and beyond in doing so. they even after the fact of my purchase price matched a competitor.
I actually quite appreciate that and y'all restored my faith in your company by doing so.
it is nice to see that a large company cares enough to keep their customers happy.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike glad to hear. I know for a fact they care about CS as I have been there and heard conversations customers can't hear. As i said I have been going there as a customer and as a repair man to work on their phone system.

Anytime someone has an issue if they will just take the time to contact them either on the phone or through our forum they will respond.

Gene is a great guy and his email is posted here........[emoji106]

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So for a $15 mistake that can be easily taken care of you want to turn a small issue easily corrected into major stress in your life. Not healthy for you or anyone. Don't sweat the small things in life Mike, it isn't worth the damage to your health..

I for one Do Sweat The small Things.

Usually a-lot of small things add up & end in a Big Disaster .

That Said Stress & Worry Will Be my Downfall . ' Even With Med's LOL'

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah the forum worked. the email route to CS didn't. only way that would have been a issue is if I was somebody not familiar with the forums, that is one spot that could use improvement, for anybody else would have just heard sorry, and ended up with a bad experience.

Mike

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it Worked out For You..
&
To think I came over to GD to post a Thread about Shoes or Boots.
Again glad Kellyco Worked it out.

GL with the new Coil.

Davers

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the forum worked. the email route to CS didn't. only way that would have been a issue is if I was somebody not familiar with the forums, that is one spot that could use improvement, for anybody else would have just heard sorry, and ended up with a bad experience.

Mike

Glad ya got everything sorted out Mike ... :occasion14:

KC-Brad

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
many others at leisure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad we got you squared away Mike. Happy Hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread