Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Im in North Carolina now. Let me know next time you are near Charlotte. Im about and hour northwest give or take 10 min. No gold round these parts but im happy to go to eat and shoot the ****.

I remember! But Iā€™m retired so I donā€™t really do that sort of travel these days. Come see me in CO. We have space for ya and gold too!!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I forget offhand who suggested it but I had lunch at JKQ BBQ in Central City CO on Tuesday. All I can I can say is the lamb bbq was great and the mac&cheese too! Thanks for the tip!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563862140.230681.jpg
Yesterday i got to teach a bunch of Girl Scouts to gold pan. Everyone found gold and seemed to have a good time...even me!

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really wonderful teaching kids and glad you also had fun someday hope to get your boom and try Colorado

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566371712.810696.jpg
Spent some time with the owner of the Country Boy Mine (Breckenridge CO) the other day. He wanted me to see their newly improved tour in the hoped Iā€™d give a better review of it in my book. His mission was successful Iā€™m happy to say.

PS I love how my Finding Gold In Colorado t-shirt looks in pics. Losing 10+ pounds makes a difference :)

We also spent some time sampling material deep in the mine so he could learn more about what the old timers left behind.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567147437.389919.jpg
Today was a great day for prospecting with a friend. A gold-bearing Creek is definitely my happy place.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out digging Saturday at a claim just filed by a club Iā€™m in. BBQ and first dig day at the new claim. The gold there is elusive but the area is a rare thing in Colorado- known for serious nuggets!

I found gold but not much, need to dig much deeper!
A couple club members:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568234479.865884.jpg
Another view of the creek:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568249783.564319.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569037109.552171.jpg
Out digging with a friend yesterday at sites C-05 and C-06 from my book. Good times!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today was site E-02 from my book. A couple friends and I found some elusive Snake River gold (Summit County CO has a little Snake River, not the big famous one, a different, littler one lol)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1570330796.748665.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1570330812.611527.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today was site R-06 from my book. Lots of fine gold and fine friends as9 of us met up to dig together! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1570947058.376559.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1570947085.977120.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out drywashing on Open BLM land west of Craig, CO. Good gold but exceptionally small. Iā€™m amazed at what my Whippet puffer will catch!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1571323421.640183.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1571323438.855197.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Apparently itā€™s prospecting season for me! Got out again yesterday on the Arkansas River in Pueblo with a guy I met through my ā€œFinding Gold in Coloradoā€ FB group. Fun times and gold in every pan!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a fun trip! I really look forward to our fall trips. It was definitely on the cold side in the evening but great temps for digging. I'm going to make sure we bring my trailer from now on, chris's was a tad cold, in which I mean cold enough my bags of cons that were sitting on the floor inside the trailer were all frozen solid šŸ˜†
I should finally have a minute to clean them up in the next week or so.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1573185446.694545.jpg
My last October dig day. With Josh from the YouTube channel ā€œ The adventures of lanky white guyā€. We were digging in the Arkansas River in the city of Pueblo.

Here I am autographing his copy of my book lol! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1573185605.900267.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1573543136.374137.jpg
Me out panning on the Rio Grande today - just upstream of where it crosses from Colorado into New Mexico. Proved to myself that thereā€™s gold all the way through CO :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions