Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish i could make my way out there. I miss the gold! Nothing local anymore and 3 young kids with soccer games, piano recitals and the last one is 5 months old.

Hey Duckwalk:). Howdy Kevin! Hope y’all are both well[emoji4]

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish i could make my way out there. I miss the gold! Nothing local anymore and 3 young kids with soccer games, piano recitals and the last one is 5 months old.

Ducky, I too had a long break from prospecting due to all the kid/dad stuff like you mention. Embrace each phase of life [emoji177]

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Jesse! I’m great, hope you are too!

The GPAA show went very well. Well attended and I sold lots of copies of my book. The presentations seemed well received too. I got to see lots of old friends and folks who sell my book in their prospecting shops around the state. Also fun was meeting many of the people who are active on here (Utah Mason that means you!) or on my Facebook group. Lots of folks brought their books for me to sign and wanted pictures with me. Lots of fun, long days!

If you are curious about the Facebook group or the book or whatever, pm me for details [emoji106]🏻

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was great to see you again, as always! Great seminar, tons of great history. I wish they would have given you more time I'd love to hear your full presentation.
The only bummer of the trip was having my flight cancelled on Thursday and not being able to hit the river with you. But lance and I appreciate the loaner equipment and the awesome spot you sent us too. I'll make sure to post some pics when I clean up the cons.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555509004.207182.jpg
Recent gold results. On the left is from the honey hole I sent Utah Mason and Ultraminer to last week. On the right is from the panning tubs at the GPAA Gold & Treasure Show last weekend. I hit the tubs at the very end of the weekend so I wasn’t taking gold out of a paying customer’s pan. Funny how much -100 mesh gold was in there, just overlooked by all the newbies and kids :)

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not surprising at all, in fact they expect it. That dirt that's panned is surely run again by GPAA.
Lets say a bag of dirt costs the panner $10, each bag has $5 of gold, and the panner only recovers $3 in gold. They are happy for the experience, and GPAA gets all their money back after the show. Good racket

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not surprising at all, in fact they expect it. That dirt that's panned is surely run again by GPAA.
Lets say a bag of dirt costs the panner $10, each bag has $5 of gold, and the panner only recovers $3 in gold. They are happy for the experience, and GPAA gets all their money back after the show. Good racket

Well, sorta. They don’t run it again, they just haul it to the next show and add fresh gold there! The Denver Show was number 5 of 6 for the spring season. I figure the large amount of 150 mesh gold was accumulated over the 5 shows. Newbie panners wouldn’t even see it in the pan!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556460819.696660.jpg
Just wanted to show off my banner. This was at the Denver GPAA Gold and Treasure Show a couple weeks ago. I sold a hundred books and had a ton of fun [emoji106]🏻

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558819165.307812.jpg
My wife and I went for a drive in gold country yesterday. I just love the way the snow highlights the arcs of the 100 year old dredge piles. It’s like art [emoji177]

This spot is on the Swan River driving tour in Chapter E of my book [emoji106][emoji41]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558819329.164665.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got out to my claim with a few guys last weekend. One of them found a nice picker...happens to be the guy who is going to buy the claim :) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560269962.599766.jpg

This is my third year since filing the claim. I’ve decided to sell because it’s a long drive. I’ll file on a closer spot later this summer most likely.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560270137.099349.jpg ...a beer on the claim is worth carrying it in! That’s me, Michael and Brad (he’s the guy buying the claim).

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad he didn't see you toss that picker in the pan when he wasn't looking to sweeten the deal! I may not post much anymore but i like to read the posts.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562050438.401340.jpg
I was in Central City/Blackhawk recently dealing with the county on claim paperwork. I noticed a usually-dry Gulch was running. The spot where John Hamilton Gregory had his Eureka! Moment is now city property where panning is allowed so I ran 6 sample pans. Got about 25 cents per pan in a super historic spot that kicked off serious mining in Colorado.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got out last weekend digging a dry Gulch with my prospecting club. Good times with great folks from Gold Prospectors of the Rockies [emoji106]🏻
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562132760.389015.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562132783.905386.jpg

No gold pic yet as I’ve been too busy getting our home ready to sell.

Last edited:

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time you're in Central City, stop in at the old hotel. There's a BBQ joint there. My nephew is a partner in the place. Tell Larry I sent ya.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Next time you're in Central City, stop in at the old hotel. There's a BBQ joint there. My nephew is a partner in the place. Tell Larry I sent ya.

Yum! Good to know!!

Got an address?

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I don't. It's JKQ BBQ and it's inside the Hotel
Edit: 120 Eureka Street, Central City, Colorado 80427

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually, I don't. It's JKQ BBQ and it's inside the Hotel
Edit: 120 Eureka Street, Central City, Colorado 80427

Awesome, I’m on it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread