Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
So thanks for the tip kevin this colorado gold is much yellower than the gold im used to seeing. Oh and yes there are pickers in downtown Denver!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426723853.929155.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Which tip was that? Wow impressive gold! Bigger than I've seen I think in the city! You'll start a gold rush with this picture!!

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
The fines are pretty decent too but dang now i see why several sizes of classifiers, blue bowls and miller tables are for sale. Some of this stuff is microscopic powder...so anywhere in the city sell 1/8" punchplate?

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't classify anything but cons so I don't know. I'd ask at Clear Creek Prospecting Supply or Gold-N-Detectors I suppose.

FYI a lot of the really fine stuff in Clear Creek is out wash from inefficient milling operations 100+ years ago so it's in the upper layers of creek bed. Natural gold is at least a little bigger :)

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Gotcha, its so fun knowing every scoop has gold in it. I hope clear creek has some hardpan somewhere that my dredge can eat up!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clear Creek runs in a bed 30-80 feet deep!!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin, my 30" sniper will be here friday. The location i plan on using it is ALL flour gold with VERY little black sand. do i need to do any prep work to keep the gold in the box such as preloading with gravels or anything?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Duck, is there a decent amount of gravel? If there is the gravel that fits thru the grizzly will be sufficient to keep the trap fluid. No matter what other sluice you have had, you can run this steeper and deeper. Super excited for you Duck!!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty decent amounts of smaller gravels there. Thanks for the info. The wife is having surgery to remove the polyps in her uterus so i wont be able to even look at it until monday :(. Hopefully the polyps come back cancer free!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Best of luck buddy. She is in our prayers.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same here, wishing her good news!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Geeez Sherry you posted this in at least 10 places...too funny! Spam much?

Seriously I hope lots of folks can go and it is a great time! Wish I was already retired and could just drive out to join the event myself too...someday soon...

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Seriously I hope lots of folks can go and it is a great time! Wish I was already retired and could just drive out to join the event myself too...someday soon...

We shall both be there in spirit KiC

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Yes, I did because I wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of it because not everyone I chat with are on all the same threads! [emoji106][emoji12] Just getting the word out, to have a great turn out!!!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin's own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

I hope you all get the word and go and have a great time! I'm going out tomorrow morning to Clear Creek Canyon upstream a few miles or so from Golden CO. If you come up look for my little red Honda alongside my friend's full size white pickup truck. Love to have any CO tnet folks come out!! I plan to be there early and stay until noon or so. Some will stay all day I'm sure :)

Edit: I came down with something unpleasant in the nausea/etc department so I'm stuck home today, missing all the fun :(

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions