eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission to detect a neighbor's property this summer. It has a nice hill that all the local kids, my wife and I included, use for sledding. I figured some coins and zipper pulls would be found but never in my wildest imagination could I possibly conceive of finding my very first cache!!! After searching the area where the kids would roll off their sleds and finding only a junk ring I decided to go to the bottom of the hill. Just a few minutes of sweeping over the leaf litter my machine screamed at me to dig a dollar signal. As I swept away the decaying leaves, I found, without even having to dig, my first cache!! What a beauty. A rusted ring of uncut car keys. Oh well, a cache is a cache and I'll leave it at that.

The ring on the left is from the sledding hill, the other two are just junk finds as well.

Attachments

• Junk Rings.JPG
    Junk Rings.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 702
  • Keys.JPG
    Keys.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 709
Upvote 0

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Very nice key cache man! I love finding keys. Your find is quite unique. Were they buried in a jar or something?

OP
OP
eathabs

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, just laying there under some leaf litter. My guess is that they were some kids treasure ring. When I started taking them off of the ring it fell apart.

ELVISFAN

Apr 26, 2007
WEBB CITY MISSOURI
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE FOUND SEVERAL KEYS THIS YEAR MYSELF HAVENT FOUND THE CARS THEY GO TO BUT I DID FIND A LIC. PLATE FROM CALIFORNIA 16 INCHES DOWN AND I LIVE IN WEBB CITY MISSOURI....DAVE

Demrok

May 24, 2007
cool
all blanks too, looks like a locksmiths kid haha
mind you, those ones do say GM on it.. strange to have vehicle blanks

B

BIG61AL

Don't be so fast to call that one ring on the lower right junk just yet. It could be silver. When silver gets hot from the ground heating up it will make the surface turn black just like that one. Look at it real close for a hallmark. A fake silver ring will pit and start to corrode. Or you can do a scratch test on the inside. Sterling silver will gougeeasily and deeply because it is soft. The fresh metal will be a gleaming bright silver color.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread