Antique Spoon Ring

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hello, folks, it is KirkPA from Pennsylvania. :D The weatha here in Central PA is brutal...brutal, folks. The low temps have been getting down to the teens at night, so the ground will be freezing up. But, that ain't a gurna stop BDD from relic hunting. Indubitably, bros, we will probably be chiseling at the hard ground again. :D

Last week, I had an hour to waste before Stacia and I were going to go shopping, but I didn't waste it, so I hit a super old park. :D I decided to focus on those high VDIs only, such of those that could give up Ag coins, possible Cu coins, and the occasional Fe. :D Yup, I discriminated those Au signals and concentrated on the Ag signals, so I could show my skills off. I wanted to be just like my good bud, Captn_SE (The True Wilver King). :D

I got a somewhat jumpy, somewhat crackling, and somewhat decent signal on my Pro XL, so I decided to dig. After plucking out about 6 inches of soil (I didn't check my plug 1st, since I knew the relic was deep), I found a nice wilver ring. This wasn't the ordinary wilver ring, it was a wilver spoon ring. It is marked, "WMA Rogers." Indeed, ring dudes, it is an antique (1850-1899). Oh well, even though I am not a ring dude, I kept it. :D I am taking credit for 1850. :D

*Note: the picture is there for size comparsion. :D Oh, zoy is the one with the big smile. :D ;D This picture was taken in 1991...future treasure hunters of Central PA...future Bone Dry Detecting members...future Tnet members...future coppa dudes...future instigators. :D

BDD...Kirk

P.S. The picture did not give off a VDI number. As stated before, it is there for size comparsion. :D

ring006.jpg

Upvote 0

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you guys holding bags of old coppas??

Hopefully Stacia isn't too bummed out about the Seals loss on Saturday.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
eathabs said:
are you guys holding bags of old coppas??

Hopefully Stacia isn't too bummed out about the Seals loss on Saturday.

LMAO...we just got back from the candy store. :D She doesn't follow sports often, so she didn't know. hahaha I told her about the loss though.

BDD...Kirk

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a sweet ring bro. I bet I know what's in both bags.... a diggin' trowel of matching colors in each...AND to top it off...articles on the new improved White's analog machines which are killers to this very day. Either that or you guys were goin' to swindle some little chump at school and trade him your empty bag for his lunch ;D
Congrats on the spoon ring. Those don't see the light of day often. The last one I found was over 5 years ago.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
silverfreak said:
Thats a sweet ring bro. I bet I know what's in both bags.... a diggin' trowel of matching colors in each...AND to top it off...articles on the new improved White's analog machines which are killers to this very day. Either that or you guys were goin' to swindle some little chump at school and trade him your empty bag for his lunch ;D
Congrats on the spoon ring. Those don't see the light of day often. The last one I found was over 5 years ago.

LMAO at that comment. Zoy and I are firm believers in our machines. I am thinking about getting the Sunray probe for my XL soon. Once again, thanks for the info you sent me a month or two ago.

It was cool to find. My last trip to this park produced a 3-cent nickel and an IH penny.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Neat relic Kirk.

Yeah weather is getting ugly now in P.a. Strong winds lately. Oh well getting ready to start cleaning up items while I'm in.

HH Jer

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey, buddy, that's a nice find. I got one a couple of weeks ago too.

Great pic from the past...you guys were "Bone'y"...now I know how you came up with your datecting title....Hehehehee...J/K, Kirk.

I know how bad you want to go out and swing your coil...you guys are hardcore, determined datectorists. Keep the Passion High, my friend!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 836
  • spoon_ring.JPG
    spoon_ring.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 812

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
That’s a nice hippy ring that you found. My ring making friend specializes in silver fork and spoon jewelry, he’s actually a silversmith.
I see you’ve been studding the Periodic Table of Elements. So now you know the atomic symbols for silver, copper, iron and gold, wtg and keep it up.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:

Great pic from the past...you guys were "Bone'y"...now I know how you came up with your datecting title....Hehehehee...J/K, Kirk.

I know how bad you want to go out and swing your coil...you guys are hardcore, determined datectorists. Keep the Passion High, my friend!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Yo, Dan, what's up, man? :D Yeah, my family members used to call us "Stick Boys." :D We may have been skinny, but we knew how to buy candy on sale. :D

We will have to take pics, if we get out for hardcore chiseling. This year, I chiseled my Spanish half real out of the ground. I was lucky to have excavated it properly. Hmmmm...maybe that shows my great pinpointing skills. :D

Keep striking that wilver stuff!

BDD...Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Ant said:
That’s a nice hippy ring that you found. My ring making friend specializes in silver fork and spoon jewelry, he’s actually a silversmith.
I see you’ve been studding the Periodic Table of Elements. So now you know the atomic symbols for silver, copper, iron and gold, wtg and keep it up.

You better believe it, Ant! I like the Large Cu coins the most. :D ;D

BDD...Kirk

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. How deep was the picture? I know the ring's only there for size comparison, but could you put a penny by it for size comparison comparison?

-Bucks

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
Way to go on the 1850's spoon ring. At least you didn't get 'forked". :o I remember that name "Roger's" on a few spoons I've found in the past.
Will this be a Christmas gift for Stacia? We won't tell her. Just say it's a family heirloom. ;)
Seems like just yesterday you guys were up there in PA chiseling away at the frozen ground. I can't believe it's been almost a year.
Great picture of you and your Bro there back in 91'. You really made me feel old though, because I got married in 92'. :'(
(I was only 10 years old though)
Congrats on the cool find BDD team member.
-MM-
P.S. What was your secret

Captn_SE said:
HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Yeah, but I bet you didn't even get your knees dirty digging it Dan. ;D ;)
-MM-

Attachments

• BDD equip in PA winter.jpg
    BDD equip in PA winter.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 672

xlt nh

Jul 28, 2006
Cheshire, Mass
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, DFX 300
Great find by the Kirkster!!! :D That's got to be one of the coolest rings I've seen to date...WTG!!

Great old snapshot, too! :) Hope you guys can keep diggin' for a few more weeks....

HH, Hank 8)

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring Bro, and thank you for the lesson in chemistry.......and dedication (way too cold for me dude! :D) How's that website coming fella? Is she up and running yet?

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
That's oldie hardcore bling ring dude, congrats on a sweet find.
May be your last keeper of 2007 (but I hope not) WTG Kirk!!

:) BDoo

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude there was no "coppa" "colonial" or "wilver" in your title so i almost missed this one. Cool ring,looks more to be 1849'ish to me ;) If y'all insist on detectin with chisals BDD may have to be changed to FFyaoff Detecting ! ;) :D ;D

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Thanks, guys, for the replies. I truly appreciate them. :P :D

Rob, the website won't be up and running for a little bit. We are still revising it.

Doug, LMAO, no, Stacia will get a more heartfelt gift from her honeybun. :) KirkPA is quite the romantic. :D

Dan, thanks again, buddy, for your reply. You are the wilver god! :)

To all of my Tnet fans, god bless! :)

BDD...Kirk

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirky,

Congrats on the ring! Love that pic of y'all at whatever age. I bet you two were "Bad To The Bone Boys" ;D ;D I know 2 twin boys (Kody & Kameron), Katrina victims that lived in our farmhouse for almost 2 years. Talk about city boys never living on a farm before...well, they were bad to the bone boys.

;) RR

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Nipper Tum-Tums said:
Kirky,

Congrats on the ring! Love that pic of y'all at whatever age. I bet you two were "Bad To The Bone Boys" ;D ;D I know 2 twin boys (Kody & Kameron), Katrina victims that lived in our farmhouse for almost 2 years. Talk about city boys never living on a farm before...well, they were bad to the bone boys.

;) RR

Thanks, ma'am, on the words. We were good boys. :) We never thought about detecting though at this age. LMAO

BDD...Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread