Key Date V Nickel, V.D.B and Indian Head in excellent shape!

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
I was shocked to see the condition of this V nickel as I pulled it out of the ground. Anyone who has found V's is familiar with how bad these coins corrode, mine didn't escape the corrosion completely though. The Indian is in great shape as well. The Lincoln is my first 1909 V.D.B. The button is very old, could be military? Maybe someone could help ID'ing this button.

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpg
    IMG_1707.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_1703.jpg
    IMG_1703.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 729
Upvote 0
Nice finds,

The 88 is a good one. They get bad though. I got several 88's and the grand dad the 85.

HH Jer

Nice coins in great condition! The soil there must be really good. Or maybe there was some kinda metal around that V that actually worked for it's benefit for once. Great digs either way. :icon_thumright:

Congrats on some nice finds. Pretty rare to see a V come out the ground that nice. :thumbsup:

Very nice digs. I love the patina on that Injun. Saw a button like that before on here but I can't quite place it.

HH
Rusted

Congrats on those key dates,that nickel is about as good as it gets on a dug coin!

awesome finds!!!! the 1909 vdb isnt a key unless it has the s. great hunt bud. willy

That nickel Is in good shape . It's weird the way it did erode though with those striations.
That's cool.

Great finds there Brett.
You have been hot on those key dates lately.

Good going!!!

You better batton down the hatches...LOL ??? :icon_thumleft:
Rob

Good looking V!!!! I like finding V nickels as much as silver,,,I found the 1885 last summer,,,,would love to find the 86 too!!!

Nice looking coins. The soil there was good on them....Matt

Congrats on some super coins!! :icon_thumright:

Congrats on your great finds! Hogge :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back