Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I had planned to return with "brooklyn digger", (Jay), to hunt a field we had hit last Sunday. Something came up on bd's job, so he had to go in. The weather was just too good to pass up. I got on the bike and was swinging the coil by 9;30. Within an hour I was digging out a 1932 Washington Quarter that was accompanied by 7 Wheat Pennies. That's a nice little spill. There would be numerous spills of Wheat Pennies before the day was over. This spot used to have an old house on it and may have also had a ball field on it.
Eventually, my wheat total would surpass my previous single day high of 27 wheat pennies. They say "Where there is Wheat, There is Silver" That may not always be true but by the time "brooklyn digger" showed up, it was 3 P.M.,, and I had 2 more silvers. ( Mercury Dimes.)
They are pretty worn but hey, they're still silver. (1917 & 192?) About an hour after Jay started digging, he pulled a nice Mercury Dime from The soil. I always enjoy it when everyone goes home with Silver.
Along with the 3 silvers, I recovered a 1902 Indian Head Penny, and a cool Keyhole. I like Keyholes.
When I tallied up my Wheat Penny totals, I counted 31. That's a new personal high for a single hunt.
I hope to hit this field again over the weekend.

IMG_6088.JPG IMG_6089.JPG

IMG_6091.JPG IMG_6086.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 20

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice hunt. I'll take three silvers and a pile of wheats any day. Is there a mint mark on the quarter?

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds bro!!! Love the silver! And cool keyhole! Well done! Congrats and HH

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold on a minute. Stand fast. Let me see if I got this straight... 3 silvers, 31 wheats, 1 IHP and a cool keyhole in one hunt.... in one hunt? That's my whole season last year you got in one hunt :BangHead:. Why? Why do I keep coming back to this website?

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great hunt- awesome finds!!

-- Jeff --

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one great hunt you had there. Sweet finds.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the new record on wheats! Definitely a wheat field you were in! And congrats on those shiney silvers. Great digs!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the silver and huge crop of wheat! Congrats

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold on a minute. Stand fast. Let me see if I got this straight... 3 silvers, 31 wheats, 1 IHP and a cool keyhole in one hunt.... in one hunt? That's my whole season last year you got in one hunt :BangHead:. Why? Why do I keep coming back to this website?

Thanks Dave,,
I've had the good fortune of finding a few spots that others have missed. Trust me,, there have also been a few hunts where the targets were far and few in between. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread