KGC Arizona?

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Hi,

I think it's safe to say they may have operated in Arizona. Why don't you try researching the history of Maricopa County and see if you come up with anything. Do you live anywhere near there?

Cavers5

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
You may want to poke around in the Adamsville vicinity - the smart guys seem to think this is a major 'KGC' site.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
SWR most likely thinks there is no yacht club in Phoenix too. He's all over the KGC forum as a self-styled expert and has been deluged with so much documentary proof that I guess he needs to move to this forum to get any takers. Too bad no one cares enough to lead him by the hand to a KGC treasure. exanimo, ss

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
that was a field experiment. I've seen your complaints that the ignore button doesn't work. The comment about the yacht club was to give you a chance to demonstrate your knowledge about arizona. You obviously don't have any. You and others attempt to deny the existence of KGC caches when people have found KGC caches. Now if you would care to expound on recovering treasures in shallow water you might have some credibility being as how you are affiliated with a company called shallow water recovery. siegfried schlagrule

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
that was a field experiment. I've seen your complaints that the ignore button doesn't work. The comment about the yacht club was to give you a chance to demonstrate your knowledge about arizona. You obviously don't have any. You and others attempt to deny the existence of KGC caches when people have found KGC caches. Now if you would care to expound on recovering treasures in shallow water you might have some credibility being as how you are affiliated with a company called shallow water recovery. siegfried schlagrule

Hello SS,

After reading your post and deciding that you must be an expert on the KGC i was wondering if you could give us some more info on some of these recovered KGC caches.
Being here from the South, i have heard stories but have always thought them to be "fairy tales." If you could direct me to some good books or articles with actual documentation such as pics and recorded inventories of the recoveries i would surely
appreciate it and i am sure other members here would.
Thanking you for your time,

Mike in SC

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Hello Mike, The only thing that I am an expert on is my own opinion. Here are two sites where you can read about known KGC recoveries. The first is Shadow of the sentinel by Getler and Brewer. The second is to seek out the reports on the recoveries in atlanta, georgia during the subway construction. Anyone who found and reported a KGC or other treasure recovery wouldn't have it for very long. exanimo, ss

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
seems as if some want to see documented proof concerning anything...even then they refuse to believe for some reason or another....the lack of documentation could be a good thing....case in point, mel fisher...he had no documentation concerning the tons of unlisted on the manifests gold/silver on the atocha but yet he found it was there...he also for years said there would be found large amounts of emeralds on the wreck..he had no documentation to prove this either yet they found many many karats of the priceless gem at the wreck site.....i have much documentation concerning the Confederate treasury and the many shipments south at the end of the war from this treasury yet idiots and so called historians still proclaim the Confederacy was dead broke....the kgc existed..they existed well after the civil war...they may still exist to some point....i have seen kgc sites in the woods..one of which i can prove they were still involved with in the late 1940s...on another site there is irrefutable proof that it was remarked in the late 1970s or early 1980s..and i am not talking tree carvings, but marked with datable objects, and these being laid out in configurations that correspond to the older symbols/marks/carvings/clues....no way it was happenstance or accidentally matched........did they bury a lot of treasure ? i think i would rather follow the trail to the end and possibly find out rather than sit back and say it was not possible because there is no documentation, and then someone like mel fisher come along and loudly proclaim '' todays the day !!"......the kgc was/is a secret society...i do not understand what part of secret is not understood...the final movements of the Confederate treasury was also secret, yet not to the point of the kgc's threat of death for telling....this might be why there are references as to what happened to it, although vague and few and far between....another thing concerning much of the treasury and its not ever being found, just might be, that it was turned over to this kgc for disposal due to their we will kill you if you tell attitude.....never say never till every stone is unturned, and then still say maybe instead of never......gldhntr

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
There is only one reasonable statement that can be made regarding KGC treasures. Since some have been found more could exist. Here's another known KGC map and recovery for you Mike. Look into the recovery of the carved brass bucket in Oklahoma detailed by Steve Wilson. You will see a list of names and symbols that resemble known and reported KGC signs. This cache was planted by Jesse James and that in and of itself proves his connection to the KGC by finding his carved name on the same artifact as KGC signs. I believe either the bucket was shown in photographs or pretty well described. My copy of wilson's book was destroyed by flood and have not replaced it yet so not sure. exanimo, ss

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
There are those that get on these forums and go on and on about how the KGC never existed or had no large caches if they did exist. I don't know whether these people really believe that, are trying to discourage others from pursuing KGC treasure, or whether they are just fishing for information. In any case, those of us out hunting KGC gold know the truth ;) In no way does it benefit me to try and convince you of the truth I know. That's why I avoid those arguments. I suggest others don't get sucked up into their games.
Boattow

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone interested in KGC activity in Arizona, California, and New Mexico should read the following book which details the Confederate's Expansion Movement early in the War. Here is one quote that I posted on our Yahoo group's message board from this well-documented book:

From: "Blood & Treasure - Confederate Empire in the Southwest" by
Donald S. Frazier, Texas A&M University Press, College Station, 1995,
page 23.

"The night wind of February 15, 1861, blew cold on hundreds of men
and horses preparing to carry out the edict of the Texas Committee of
Public Safety. Ben McCulloch, pursuant to orders, had collected 400
volunteers to ride with him that night into San Antonio. These
soldiers, their rank signified by makeshift red insignia on their
sleeves, were in deadly earnest. As McCulloch's men broke camps on
Salado Creek, more riders arrived. Six castles of the Knights of the
Golden Circle, numbering about 150 men, reinforced the state troops.
Citizens from Medina and Atascosa Counties also arrived. Grimly, the
army moved toward the city, prepared to storm the Federal arsenal.
Among the horsemen rode Captain Trevanion Teel of the Charles Bickley
Castle, KGC; Sgt. R.H. Williams of the Castroville Castle, KGC; and
another better-known figure on the Texas frontier, John Robert
Baylor."

~Texas Jay

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Hey you in Arizona and to any of you who are interested in finding a KGC site in your area.

Take any paved highway out of town and choose any dirt road, jeep trail or 4X4 trail that has been around for as many years as folks can remember.

As soon as you make your turn onto the above mentioned old road set your vehicle trip odometer to 0.0 (mark a waypoint with your GPS) and drive real slow until your odometer translates as well as you can accurately guess and stop your vehicle at .33 miles. Exit your vehicle and mark your position. First thing you should do is check both sides of the road about 50 feet in both directions looking approximately 5 to 10 feet away from the roadside. You may find your first clue not far from the edge of the road. If you do in fact find something start walking in an outward spiral pattern until you are about 100 feet from the sign that you found (the circle you created is your search area) keeping a sharp eye out for anything that is out of place or just looks plain weird. This next sign will be your witness mark and normally will be some type of a directional indicator. DO NOT DESTROY any signs as you may need them again later, i.e.; you forgot to look under them for more info. Take pictures and GPS location of every sign you find. Trust me on this point: Never destroy or change a signs appearance. Leave it exactly as you found it.

See attached pic of broken glass. If you want more info about the broken glass feel free to ask.

If you did not find any type of sign go back to starting point and set your odometer to 0.0 and drive until you odometer reads 3.3 miles and follow directions given above. Take your time while searching an area and be open to any oddity you may see. Next step; let me know what you find.

Attachments

• 6164.jpg
    6164.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 711

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread