KGC Treasure Leads in Central Texas ?

PaperTrails

Greenie
Jun 9, 2010
TJ, the psychic treasure hunter, has an unfair advantage over those relying on metal detectors.

[/quote]
I wish my metal detector was psychic and could point out CHIGGERS! Brownwood TX is covered with them, so at certain times of the year it is impossible to dodge them.
One interesting find I made a few years ago south of there was in a tree! The old WWII Camp Bowie training center is probably the source of the shell embedded in the tree about 7 from the ground.

Fran

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Texas Jay said:
Okie, now back to the topic that I started which is "KGC Treasure Leads in Central Texas". Perhaps you would like to quote yourself, from your own blog, when you made a statement about turtle signs and carvings. That is one of the things that I must say you are correct about. I won't quote you but will give you this opportunity to re-state what turtle signs indicate. Oh yes, this does have a lot to do with the topic.

Thanks for reading the blog Jay! http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com/

We try to be as helpful as we can!!

Why not quote the blog? You'll want to make sure that you you look at (and quote) that information in context and not make it into something it's not.

What about all the other folks pretending to be Bloody Bill? There was even a guy in British Columbia at one time claiming to be Bloody bill and he even had pistols with Bill's initials on them and letters from Bill's mother. Maybe he was the real Bloody Bill?

Then again, maybe not, maybe Bloody Bill actually died when history says he did.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, you say: "...There was even a guy in British Columbia at one time claiming to be Bloody bill and he even had pistols with Bill's initials on them and letters from Bill's mother. Maybe he was the real Bloody Bill?..."
Surely, you will quote the source of this "other Bloody Bill" claim. Personally, based on thousands of hours of combined research of our group's members, I think you are full of it. Even our adversaries, the Smokescreen Gang, has never made such a wild claim. ???
~Texas Jay

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Sorry Jay, my bad, I was thinking about William Quantrill, not William Anderson, you are correct this time.

PaperTrails

Greenie
Jun 9, 2010
Texas Jay said:
Ron, you say: "...There was even a guy in British Columbia at one time claiming to be Bloody bill and he even had pistols with Bill's initials on them and letters from Bill's mother. Maybe he was the real Bloody Bill?..."
Surely, you will quote the source of this "other Bloody Bill" claim. Personally, based on thousands of hours of combined research of our group's members, I think you are full of it. Even our adversaries, the Smokescreen Gang, has never made such a wild claim. ???
~Texas Jay
Did you miss my message on June 9th ? Just in case, here was my question:

"Could you provide a link to this OR record you quote?"
"W.M. Anderson, Sr.'s son was a "Bill Anderson" too but he was killed in September, 1864 by Yankee soldiers in Waynesville, Missouri according to the War of the Rebellion Records"

Fran Bolton :icon_santa:

PaperTrails

Greenie
Jun 9, 2010
alec said:
Texas Jay said:
Okie, now back to the topic that I started which is "KGC Treasure Leads in Central Texas". Perhaps you would like to quote yourself, from your own blog, when you made a statement about turtle signs and carvings.

Why not quote the blog? You'll want to make sure that you you look at (and quote) that information in context and not make it into something it's not.

What about all the other folks pretending to be Bloody Bill? There was even a guy in British Columbia at one time claiming to be Bloody bill and he even had pistols with Bill's initials on them and letters from Bill's mother. Maybe he was the real Bloody Bill?

Then again, maybe not, maybe Bloody Bill actually died when history says he did.

See these life and death photos of Bloody Bill:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup/?yguid=344154903
And:

The death photo was taken shortly after he died in ambush in Oct 1864, the life photo probably soon before, it appears he has on the same hat, his hair is the same length. May he rest in peace, as he deserves.

Fran :icon_santa:

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Well thanks Jay, I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect and don't know everything there is to know but a lot of what I do know I try to share. Keep reading the blog! http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com/ :thumbsup:

It's too bad you're not willing to share the alleged info you have about the KGC recovering Spanish treasure in Texas and then re-hinding it as their own.

I too used to believe those stories, and stories is really all they are since no one will provide any proof of it actually happening. As I have said before, it seems all of the true believers apparently have all of this evidence proving that what they say is true but nobody wants to share.

If you are actively working a site I cetaintly wouldn't want you to give up a location or any information that would lead someone to the site but let's get real here, none of the KGC true beleivers ever wants to share any of these secrect documents and proof that you all seem to have. I would say that if this "secret" information is that prevalent that so many of the true believers have it then some other researchers would have found it or if the information is that secret, then there wouldn't be everybody and their dog that believes in the KGC that would have it. It just can't be both ways.

PaperTrails

Greenie
Jun 9, 2010
Texas Jay said:
I am a new member and have been researching a mysterious Brown County, Texas resident who was known to have ridden with Quantrill's Raiders. My grandmother used to tell me stories about him as we passed his big old farmhouse in the 1960's. When I read the Brewer book, "Rebel Gold", these memories resurfaced and I realised there was a very good possibility that some of the KGC caches or even a depository may be in this area of central Texas. The farther I get in my research the better that possibility seems to be. While I am a veteran metal detector hobbyist, I am quite new at this KGC thing so I am hoping that some members here have some information regarding possible KGC treasures in the Brownwood, Brown County area of Texas. Brownwood is located 90 miles southeast of Abilene and 140 miles northwest of Austin. I would certainly appreciate any information you might share with me on this topic.
Where can the original photo of William C Anderson ( mysterious Brown County, Texas resident, above) that you posted in Topic #105 Posted Jun 09, 2010, 04:26:17 PM, be found?

Fran Bolton

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• frontiertimes-March1928.jpg
    frontiertimes-March1928.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 695

PaperTrails

Greenie
Jun 9, 2010
Texas Jay said:
Frontier Times, 1928, about Colonel William C. Anderson of Salt Creek:

Read the bottom of this ad for the article about William C. Anderson.

http://www.frontiertimesmagazine.com/0328.html

~Texas Jay
And the source for this article about William C Anderson?
Could it have been the 1924 Henry Fuller newspaper interview, that Fuller tried to research and prove AFTER it was printed?
He says of the interviewee's story:
"There is a mystery here someplace, let's unravel it."

Before arriving at the conclusion this interview, and therefore the Frontier Times article, proves William C Anderson of Brownwood TX was actually Bloody Bill, one must first conduct a reasonably exhaustive search for all pertinent information. This means locating several different sources for the same information, to give one the best chance at arriving at a well-researched, substantiated conclusion.
What those who read the interview article need to do is locate and document different sources that will confirm the information gleaned from the 1924 newspaper interview, before they can say it proves William C Anderson was not William C Anderson, but William T Bloody Bill Anderson.
Without that search, and those sources, the newspaper interview gleanings are an unproven tale, and the mystery remains a mystery.
With a reasonable search for all pertinent information, this timeline compariosn of the two men's lives, with sources, was created:

http://unclebilly.texas-heartland.com/WCA_Bio.html

Proving the article and the newspaper interview was a Tall Texas Tale.

Fran Bolton

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Guy’s …I did not know where to ask this question…Have any of you had trouble with a compass changing direction when you were looking for KGC treasure..An internet friend in Texas has been asking me this question and I do not have a clue as to what could cause this to happen..Thank You..Art

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey Guy’s …I did not know where to ask this question…Have any of you had trouble with a compass changing direction when you were looking for KGC treasure..An internet friend in Texas has been asking me this question and I do not have a clue as to what could cause this to happen..Thank You..Art

Hi Art. My partner have used a compass quite a bit in our searches of probable KGC treasure locations and have not encountered any problems like you mention.
~Texas Jay
http://bloodybillanderson.webs.com

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing that could move a compass needle off heading would be a large chunk of ferrous metal disrupting the earth's magnetic field. Of course, a cheap compass with a weakly magnetized needle wouldn't act too well, either.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
aarthrj3811 said:

Several times we have observed a compass being pulled off of the cardinal directions. It is usually at a "sitting" or "viewing" place in conjunction with s/s telling you to go a certain direction. We believe you should go in the "new direction" the compass is showing you but use the distances if giving. Sometimes you can get a M/D signal at this spot and dig down and find the rock that is causeing the disruption....it may be marked. If you just remove the rock, and follow the s/s you are most likely headed down a "False Trail". What a great way for them to leave s/s but keep the true direction hidden from most everyone?

Oddrock

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thanks Oddrock for the information…I am just an old guy that can not get out very often…So I do a lot of Map Dowsing for others. When I run across something different I can not help unless I can come up with the right Questions. You have given me a start with how and what to ask…Thank You …Art

[mod]Everything below this response was OFF TOPIC!!! It has been removed![/mod]

F

Felinepeachy

[mod]We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. [/mod]

PaperTrails

Greenie
Jun 9, 2010
Texas Jay said:
The bottom line is that you are quoting our group's most ardent paid enemies who are known as the "Smokescreen Gang". Dozens of our members have thoroughly investigated Bloody Bill Anderson for over 4 years now and we have proven that William C. Anderson was the one and only Bloody Bill Anderson of Quantrill's Guerrillas. I hope you don't expect me to argue each of this discredited gang's points over again on this forum because I will not. I will say this and that is that, yes, the Smokescreen Gang does stalk me everywhere I go on the Net. Why don't you quote the name or names of the people you quote in your message, SWR? Are you afraid that I will reply with the truth about each and every one of them? We've not only thoroughly investigated Bloody Bill Anderson but we've also investigated each member of this gang of liars.
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery
Just for the record, define "Investigated"

Fran Bolton

Rollie Taylor

Jun 6, 2010
Okie, as you noted elsewhere, a treasure map (fake, no doubt) is offered on e-bay for only $1,000,000, and a fake photo of Jesse Woodson James for the same absurd price. The seller lives in Liberty Hill, TX, the home of the author of two books about Jesse Woodson James, who falsely claims to be his great-granddaughter. The subject of JWJ has been banned on the James Genforum, and on Delphi forums, so the publicity hungry author is forced to look elsewhere for publicity, and hopes to attract attention with these ridiculous prices on e-bay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions