KGC Tunnels built after the War

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
SWR said:
I don't understand the "need" for KGC tunnels, either. The KGC were not secretive, in regards to their meetings. Meetings were held in all sorts of buildings/dwellings.
I don't either. Whats funny is they moved like the "Underground railroad". They met at houses in the back of business and all sorts of places. I wouldn't see a need to build a tunnel system under the whole town. If it was built after the town was built the whole town would have known about it which would mean in some way shape or form the whole town would be KGC.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see that some members have a lot of research to do about the Reconstruction and post-Reconstruction periods as well as the extreme secrecy of the Knights of the Golden Circle after the War. Reading cccalco's newspaper posts in other threads will get you started. Holler at me when you get all brushed up on our history. lastleg, you've sure got your work cut out for you as you cannot even decipher what I clearly stated in my previous posts. :laughing9:
~Texas Jay

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
If the whole town was KGC they could have met in that huge town square
in Jay's photo. In winter they could gather round the wood burning stove in
the general store. Why go down in a dark labyrinth, unless it was a way to
hide from the womenfolk? Don't scoff, that's what they called any group of
females back then.
No, I bet Jay is right about secret "tunnels". These men had the difficult
task of overseeing Confederate depositories from traitors to the "Cause". A
deadly hint was dropped in a recent post concerning loss of life for getting
too close. Beware or else . . .

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Texas Jay said:
I can see that some members have a lot of research to do about the Reconstruction and post-Reconstruction periods as well as the extreme secrecy of the Knights of the Golden Circle after the War. Reading cccalco's newspaper posts in other threads will get you started. Holler at me when you get all brushed up on our history. lastleg, you've sure got your work cut out for you as you cannot even decipher what I clearly stated in my previous posts. :laughing9:
~Texas Jay
Texas Jay I have done some research on you and it seems that if anyone questions you or ask you for some sort of documentation you belittle them or their intelligence. If your not willing to share ideas and info then why are you even here? Maybe you should brush up on your manners.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Texas Jay said:
~Texas Jay

That history is easy to research because the KGC didn't exist after the Civil War. It's all a fantasy that you and others enjoy in your head because you want or need to believe in the mega bucks depositories.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Boggy:

Texas Jay has a lot invested in keeping the KGC drama alive. With him you
are all-in or OUT. In truth I will say this. Show me a man with no sense of
humor and I will show you either a zealot or a simpleton. Likewise either one
brings no mirth nor humility to the table.

spx786

Apr 18, 2008
I wish everyone here would take a deep breath and relax. Stop battling everything Texas Jay has to say versus yourself. Texas Jay has done his homework just as many historical researchers have done theirs. One does not have to believe in everything Texas Jay has to say but you must know he did his research and would not be posting what he has to say unless the pieces of the KGC puzzle connected. I will admit I was very doubtful about the KGC and Bloody Bill myself but after seeing one thing connect to another and keeping on connecting and never hitting a dead end I saw the truth. Whether others agree with me or Texas Jay or what Texas Jay has to say I could care less, I know what I know and that's all I need to know or prove to anyone!

-SPX786

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
"One does not have to believe in everything Texas Jay has to say but you must know he did his research and would not be posting what he has to say unless the pieces of the KGC puzzle connected."

This works for both sides in this discussion because those of us that don't believe what Jay does have done our research also and have very good reason NOT to believe in it.

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
alec said:
"One does not have to believe in everything Texas Jay has to say but you must know he did his research and would not be posting what he has to say unless the pieces of the KGC puzzle connected."

This works for both sides in this discussion because those of us that don't believe what Jay does have done our research also and have very good reason NOT to believe in it.
Very well put Alec

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
spx787:

If you already know what you know or need to know congratulatuons.
This means you have completed the course and need no further instructions.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
KGC members were being very secretive after the Civil War. They were being hunted down and prosecuted. This is why you don't read any newspaper articles published by them after 1865. It just wasn't popular to be a member after you were on the losing side of the war and had the winner looking for you.

sallyfromhouston

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2008
Texas Jay said:
BoggyBottomJay said:
TexasJay are your referring to the old industrial tunnels that lay under Brownwood?

Ha. No, Boggy, this tunnel network predates any "industry" in Brownwood by about 90 years. :laughing9: Anyone who knows anything about the City of Brownwood's history knows that "industries" in Brownwood are located 5 or 6 miles from the downtown area in a large zoned area known as Brownwood Industrial Park in the same location as Camp Bowie was during WWII.
~Texas Jay

I was reading through the publication In the Life and Lives of Brown County People which is published by The Brown County Historical Society on page 98. It is a copy of a newspaper article published in 1977 titled "Pioneer calendar of Brownwood history." It states, "1869-Brownwood's first industry was a primitive flour mill built by James Keenibrew on a site near the present location of the council jail building." Is this 5 or 6 miles out of the downtown area?

PaperTrails

Greenie
Jun 9, 2010
Texas Jay said:
Here is a message I posted recently on our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group that I want to share with the members here.
~Texas Jay

Brownwood KGC Tunnel Project !

Hi members. I'm taking this opportunity to announce that I am looking for a
member of our group who is qualified and would like to form a team to search
for, locate, and explore the Knights of the Golden Circle tunnel network under
downtown Brownwood. I wasted a lot of valuable time last fall and winter trying
to convince television professionals to undertake this project with no success.
One group, History Detectives, showed interest at first but, for some reason,
never would give me a definite answer. So now, I am going to follow the tried
and true method of "if you want something done right, do it yourselves."
My own schedule for this fall and winter is quite full and so I'd like to find
someone in our group who will not be satisfied with failure and who is willing
to do what it takes to open at least one of these tunnels for the first time in
many years and has leadership qualities. The team needs to include at least one
experienced caver, someone with photography equipment who can document the
search and discovery on video, someone with at least basic knowledge of the KGC,
a writer who can document the process on paper and later write articles or books
on the tunnel network, and the group must have use of whatever ground
penetrating instruments are needed.
Whoever wants to take on the job of team leader will be responsible for the
effort and he/she will create the team themselves and choose the team members
based on their abilities to successfully locate and open this network.
Whoever takes this on will not be starting from scratch, however, because I will
give you all the information and contacts that you will need to be successful.
I want to make one thing very clear and that is that we KNOW the basic layout of
this KGC network and will provide you with a map of where we know the tunnels
went and where some of the entrances were located. It will be the team's job to
obtain the permission from building and property owners to explore their sites
for these openings. This is not a guessing game but it will require some time
to finish this project so team members need to be able to finance themselves so
that they can stay in the area as often or for as long as necessary.
Any member who is interested in either being the team leader or a team member
for this historic project needs to contact me via private email. Once I choose
who the team leader will be, I will immediately give him/her the names of all
those who have written to me wanting to be team members so that the leader can
decide who can benefit the team the most then the team leader can take it from
there.
Thank you,
~Texas Jay
[email protected]
What is the latest report on this project?

Fran Bolton

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lastleg, you have no idea what the status of that project is and you will not know until the appropriate people decide to make the news public information.
~Texas Jay
http://bloodybillanderson.webs.com

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Jay:

I sympathize with your viewpoint. However, there happen to be terror cells
operating in your vicinity. Tunnels, chambers, caves and such are being strin-
gently monitored at present. Hopefully you will be able to resume clandestine
activities at some future point. Best of luck to you in your search.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg, you need to wake up to reality. Your reply is simply crazy. I can think of no better way to describe it. I'm sure the local and federal law enforcement agencies would be interested in hearing from you about these alleged "terror cells". City of Brownwood officials were notified of this project two years ago and it was approved by the then-City Community Development Administrator.
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread