kgc ?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, for the suggestions, I will try that . I'm not working with Devildog. I am open minded and would like to learn all I can about the KGC signs we are finding, we find signs that are not in books. I welcome all information about the signs. I would like to know more about the Owls. Thank you for your help. Pebble

I believe you are in the right place to get some good ideas from some great people.

L.C.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The owl and Athena were depicted on opposite sides of the Greek tetradrachm so could be symbolic of wealth.

http://www.lydianmint.com/about_owl.xml

I wonder if a heart at a cache site might also be associated with an owl. I know the saying about the Spanish heart and the lust for gold but here's a link about an owl that seems to be common around the world. Notice the shape of the face. A heart would be a lot easier to carve than an owl.

Barn owl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the M, 13 and B, I believe the M became the 13th letter of the Latin alphabet during the 15th or 16th century, fitting in well with any cache site speculation, about its meaning, here in North America. Because of its shape, the B could be used as code representing a 13 which could represent an M.`So what could an M indicate at a cache site? Could be the Roman numeral for 1000, could be an owl, could be a symbol representing two peaks, could mean anything the guy setting up the cache site wanted it to mean. Here's one to ponder. There is a Saint Anthony of Padua who was associated with the number 13. If an M could indicate a 13 than it could be a reference to St. Anthony who was the patron saint of lost things. Just a thought.

Wow Mdog. You really spread it on thick that time. Just the way I Like it.

Pinwheel

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ok thanks, Did the kgc or csa have an alliance with the indians in camancharia

Devildog: I am not familiar with camancharia So I could not speak with any knowledge of that. What I can tell you is that Albert Pike and the confederacy had strong ties to the five civilized Tribes of Oklahoma. The Cherokee and Chachotaw even fought in the battle of Pea ridge in Arkansas. You should research that battle and the connection of Albert Pike. I have seen where some Great Chiefs were KGC, CSA operatives.

Pinwheel

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Pebbles. the greek god athena is where the owl comes from. "Wisdom". Speaking off the cuff, The owl is a sentenel or guardian of treasures. Mostly assoatied with Knowledge or hidden knowledge. The way the owl is used has to be translated as to it proper meaning. The owl is a bird. Means change of direction. It is also a trail marker. showing that one is on the right trail. The owl is also a creature of the night. so look in the shadows and for hidden information. To gain more understanding of the owl google greek mythology "Athene. "

Pinwheel

Hi Pinwheel. There might be another Greek goddess associated with the owl and possible cache sites. The Little Owl ( Athene noctua) is the owl associated with Athena (Minerva). Here's a picture of one.

little owl 600.jpg

This next picture shows the Greek goddess Artemis who is the goddess of the hunt and wild beasts as well as many other things. This figure is on an artifact from Boeotia from about 680 B.C. Look closely at the head of Artemis and compare it to the face of the Little Owl.

004.jpg

Here is an excerpt from a link that describes her love of the mountains and hills.

GODDESS OF WILDERNESS, ANIMALS & HUNTING

I) GODDESS OF THE WILDS
Homer, Iliad 21. 470 ff (trans. Lattimore) (Greek epic C8th B.C.) :
"Artemis of the wilderness (agrotera), lady of wild beasts (potnia theron)."
Homeric Hymn 27 to Artemis (trans. Evelyn-White) (Greek epic C7th to 4th B.C.) :
"Over the shadowy hills and windy peaks she [Artemis] draws her golden bow . . . The tops of the high mountains tremble and the tangled wood echoes awesomely with the outcry of beasts."
Aeschylus, Fragment 188 (from Orion, Etymologicum 26. 5) (trans. Weir Smyth) (Greek tragedy C5th B.C.) :
"Mistress maiden (despoina nymphê) [i.e. Artemis], ruler of the stormy mountains."
Callimachus, Hymn 3 to Artemis 18 ff (trans. Mair) (Greek poet C3rd B.C.) :
"[Artemis as a child asks for privileges from her father Zeus:] ‘And give to me all mountains . . . on the mountains will I dwell.’"
Ovid, Fasti 4. 751 ff (trans.Boyle) (Roman poetry C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :
"I entered a forbidden wood . . . forgive my offence . . . Keep from our sight the Dryades and Diana's [Artemis'] bath and Faunus [Pan] lying in the fields at noon."
Seneca, Hercules Furens 406 ff (trans. Miller) (Roman tragedy C1st A.D.) :
"O [Artemis] queen of the groves (regina nemorum), thou who in solitude lovest thy mountain-haunts, and who upon the solitary mountains art alone held holy."

She also had an association with golden objects.

CHARIOT & DEER OF ARTEMIS Artemis' golden chariot was drawn by a team of four golden-horned deer.
BOW & ARROWS OF ARTEMIS Artemis used her golden bow and arrows not only to slay beasts in the mountains, but also to bring disease, plague and sudden death to women.

The golden bow is interesting because when a bow is drawn, way, way back, it is somewhat similar to a heart and when the arrow is released, if the arrow is made of gold, wherever it lands. There is gold.

How could this stuff be used at a cache site. If there are owls at the site they could represent Artemis who favors high places so you might want to see if the owls lead you to the top of a bluff or hill. My site is like this. The large, 30 foot owl is at the foot of a bluff and the small 18 inch owl is at the top and pointing to the cache site.

Also, if you find a heart, you might want to look at it like a drawn bow with an arrow in it and look in the direction the arrow would fly. This worked at my site too.

Just my opinion.

Could these type of owl images been used in North America before Columbus came here. Here's a picture of some artifacts found at Poverty Point in Louisiana. I don't believe the Little Owl is found in North America but note the similarities.

poverty_point_jasper_owl_beads.jpg

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just a thought only but have any of you thought that the distances might be in cubits. This would be a measurement that is mentioned many times in the ritual of the Masonic orders as well as in Bible. This might be the reason that many may miss the mark and who would stop to think about it. in what I can find out a cubit is about 18 inches so if you think a vault is 30 yards away it might in reality be only 15. If you are on to something you might have over shot. One step = about 2 cubits. Just food for thought. Only one place in the Masonic Ritual that I can think of that feet is mentioned the rest are all in cubits.

S.D.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am staying up way to late on this treasure stuff. I failed miserably to mention that it could be that they used the even stranger measurement of 24 inches which is the length of a mason rule. So you could still be off but by using a odd unit of measurement you could keep your treasure safer longer.

S.D.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am staying up way to late on this treasure stuff. I failed miserably to mention that it could be that they used the even stranger measurement of 24 inches which is the length of a mason rule. So you could still be off but by using a odd unit of measurement you could keep your treasure safer longer.

S.D.

:laughing7: Staying up to late reading?? Welcome to the club!!!

L.C.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel The coffee pots always on. Being a pipe smoker of some note in some places and a connoisseur of fine tobacco I have burned thur more tobacco this past week that I have in the previous two weeks. At this rate I will have to break in to my cellar for more. I may have to find a cache just to pay off my tobacco bill. I am feeling like Sherlock Holmes except this is a hundred pipe problem. I know that I better not start on the 7% solution. All in All coffee is one of the drinks I enjoy the best but living in the deep south everybody drinks Sweet tea. That is the vilest sort of thing that I can put in my mouth. Ice tea yes put sugar or honey in it and you just ruined it for me.

S.D.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel The coffee pots always on. Being a pipe smoker of some note in some places and a connoisseur of fine tobacco I have burned thur more tobacco this past week that I have in the previous two weeks. At this rate I will have to break in to my cellar for more. I may have to find a cache just to pay off my tobacco bill. I am feeling like Sherlock Holmes except this is a hundred pipe problem. I know that I better not start on the 7% solution. All in All coffee is one of the drinks I enjoy the best but living in the deep south everybody drinks Sweet tea. That is the vilest sort of thing that I can put in my mouth. Ice tea yes put sugar or honey in it and you just ruined it for me.

S.D.

LOL! I was once a pipe smoker (Vanilla tobacco), and now still drink SOUTHERN sweet Tea AND! ICED French Vanilla COFFEE! YUMMM!

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just somethings that a Yankee will never get out of his system. No matter how hard he tries to be a southerner. Can't loose the accent or take the Sweet Tea Maybe one day. Well at lease I have learned how to drink Chicory coffee. And I do smoke Virginia tobacco and Kentucky Burley. I even say over yonder. Has to count for something.

S.D.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I prefer a glass (two) of White Zin and a kerosene oil lamp. The lamp sets the mood and puts my mind in the 1800's and the wine calms my nerves enough to read the diaries of men that have been dead for 100 years....with enthusiasm. If I am reading Albert Pike It may take a third glass of wine just to help me cope with the shame of how uneducated he makes me feel...LOL!:occasion14:.

Truthfully, L.C. Baker

P.S. I smoke cigarettes and they don't taste near as good as the vanilla tobacco you guys smoke.......maybe I should try a pipe

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This is just a thought only but have any of you thought that the distances might be in cubits. This would be a measurement that is mentioned many times in the ritual of the Masonic orders as well as in Bible. This might be the reason that many may miss the mark and who would stop to think about it. in what I can find out a cubit is about 18 inches so if you think a vault is 30 yards away it might in reality be only 15. If you are on to something you might have over shot. One step = about 2 cubits. Just food for thought. Only one place in the Masonic Ritual that I can think of that feet is mentioned the rest are all in cubits.

S.D.

So far on this K.G.C. trail we have used leagues fathoms miles and yards, all at different places. We have been directed to certain stars on a specific date to gain specific headings. These guys were very educated in nautical measurements and all the techniques of surveying. There are some unproductive places I would like to try your cubit idea S.D. it sounds reasonable.

L.C.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
senior deacon, I think you're right about the cubit being 18 inches. figuring the Tabernacle in the wilderness it works out much better with 18 inches than with other measurements. then figure the Ark of Noah, and Solomons Temple. The newer
bibles have so many changes you can't trust them so use a King James and you will find things don't change from one book to another.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I prefer a glass (two) of White Zin and a kerosene oil lamp. The lamp sets the mood and puts my mind in the 1800's and the wine calms my nerves enough to read the diaries of men that have been dead for 100 years....with enthusiasm. If I am reading Albert Pike It may take a third glass of wine just to help me cope with the shame of how uneducated he makes me feel...LOL!:occasion14:.

Truthfully, L.C. Baker

P.S. I smoke cigarettes and they don't taste near as good as the vanilla tobacco you guys smoke.......maybe I should try a pipe

YEP! Goes good with White Wine... and a FIRE in a Fireplace!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Truthfully, L.C. Baker

It DOES put one in a mood to "ponder on"...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread