Killer B ST incompatibility

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
The Koss headphones I had been using on my SE finally crapped out. I suspect a faulty wire at the plug. While shopping around I found that Killer B had recently introduced an "ST" model headphone. I ordered and received a set and found that the audio amplitude range was significantly reduced as compared to the original Koss (when they were working). Also, when adjusting either volume control, the audio would vary the amplitude on both phones. I called Detector Depot and was told that the "ST" (STereo) phones were wired for Nautilus machines and he was told by his supplier that they were also compatible with Minelabs. Consequently they were advertised that way. He quickly sent a Killer B II headphone as a replacement and they work perfectly. He is going to correct his advertising.
Bottom line is the Killer B "ST" model is not compatible with Minelab detectors. The other models do, and work above expectations.
I'd like to thank Lynn at Detector Depot for his generosity and quick response to my problem.

Pete

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Pete! We need information like this. Dealers like Dectector Depot try a little harder and we should tell them we appreciate them.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just ordered the killer B IIs on your recommendation.. do they work well I hope ??? Guzz gary

OP
OP
Yeasty

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
guzz,

I dont think you will go wrong.

Pete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread