Kind of a downer

slwilliamssr

Aug 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500
Well I had ordered my Garrett GTI 1500 from Kellyco and was looking forward to doing some metal detecting by next week. Bad news is the unit is on back order :'( I gave them a call and was told the unit was due in on Aug 4th 2010 but has not made it to their location as of yet, today is the 12th still no email saying it has shipped :( But on the bright side I ordered my wife's Garrett ace 250 along with my son's Garrett ace 250 this morning and they have shipped out on UPS as of this afternoon.

So the wife and son will be digging in the dirt by early next week while I wait and watch ::)

Upvote 0

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As them to check their inventory list to make sure. I had called to order a unit which they said they didn't have any of, until someone actually looked at the inventory list and saw that they did. Sometimes those things come in and they don't tell the sales staff right away.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Am sure the 1500 is a good machine, but so is the Ace 250. "Punish" your son for some unknown sin so you can use his! ha! :laughing7: :laughing7: ::)

OP
OP
S

slwilliamssr

Aug 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500
Noodle said:
Am sure the 1500 is a good machine, but so is the Ace 250. "Punish" your son for some unknown sin so you can use his! ha! :laughing7: :laughing7: ::)

That is to funny :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: And I will call them tomorrow and have them check to see if by chance it is there. Keeping fingers crossed :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

slwilliamssr

Aug 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500
After talking to the sales person from Kellyco I was told I just missed out on my unit being shipped from the last batch. Lots of back orders I guess. But my name is at the top of the list and a new batch of GTI 1500's are do in around the middle of next week :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

slwilliamssr

Aug 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500
Well I got good news today. My GTI 1500 will ship out tomorrow. Also my wife and son got their Ace 250's today. So looking like next week we all get to have some fun with our new hobby. :hello2:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW now a waiting list for the GTI1500 .... I thought Chuck could put them out as fast as he sells them........ But you will have it shortly .........HH

Attachments

• !BQqS6BQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CwEjlLlwwEDBJ6F280TB!~~_12.jpg
    !BQqS6BQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CwEjlLlwwEDBJ6F280TB!~~_12.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 377
  • !BzNbd0QBmk~$(KGrHqR,!i4Ew5QsJdN!BMVDs+tFyg~~_12.jpg
    !BzNbd0QBmk~$(KGrHqR,!i4Ew5QsJdN!BMVDs+tFyg~~_12.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 376
OP
OP
S

slwilliamssr

Aug 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500
I got my GTI 1500 dropped off by UPS today. I started unpacking everything and laying it all out so I could look at everything I got. Just like a kid at Christmas time. Sat down at the computer and watched the video, read the book and unpacked the 1500, I was ready for sure. Started putting the 1500 together and got to the coil, looked every where for the plastic bolt, nut, and washers. After looking for 10 minutes, through all the bags, packing paper, and boxes it became clear they were no where to be found :(

Well a quick call to Kellyco and within 20 minutes I got the email telling me the missing parts where on their way to me :headbang: So it looks like a few more days before I have all the parts I need to use my new detector. I guess I could take the part off my wifes 250 :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

slwilliamssr

Aug 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500
Pitch said:
Go to Lowes, get them there then you have a spare set.

I did just that and it works just fine plus I got the one from Kellyco so I'm all set now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread