Kinda-sorta semi-key date silver Roosevelt found in circulation!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I had to use the company SUV today, which is shared between myself and a few others throughout the week. At a red light, I glanced into the center cupholder which doubles as a change holder. Right there on top, amongst the zinc pennies and nickel or two, was a 1949 dime. I am not a regular CRH'er, but I do check my change every time it is there, and have never found a silver dime. I took the dime and flipped it over and saw that it is an "S" mint. Cool! Only about 13 and a half million were minted...OK, so it might not be that special, but it was the second-least minted variety of Roosevelt dime between 1946 and 1964 (about 13 million 1955's [no mintmark] were produced).

OK, so it isn't a 1700's silver or LC or anything, but it made my day, between monotonous projects. Not in the best condition, it is clearly circulated, but it is MINE!! Mwuahahahaha....!!!!

Joe

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 138

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Joe,
I haven't been Treasure hunting for long, but my joy with my finds at the time seems somewhat influenced by my expectations of the site I am at. For instance if I found a handful of wheaties at the park est in 1945 by my house, I'd be elated. If all I found at that 1830's house were wheat pennies I'd be deflated.
If I found a 1949 -s dime in the company car, I'd be through the roof! Congrats on being observant. I hope your coworkers don't want their dime back.
-Jon

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
p2c said:
Joe,
I haven't been Treasure hunting for long, but my joy with my finds at the time seems somewhat influenced by my expectations of the site I am at. For instance if I found a handful of wheaties at the park est in 1945 by my house, I'd be elated. If all I found at that 1830's house were wheat pennies I'd be deflated.
If I found a 1949 -s dime in the company car, I'd be through the roof! Congrats on being observant. I hope your coworkers don't want their dime back.
-Jon

I like the way you think.

In regards to the unlikely possibility that a coworker would want the dime back, I say, if someone was conscious that said dime was silver, he would not have left it in the cupholder. I did go through the liberty of replacing the silver Rosey with a clad Rosey :wink:

Joe

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job bud!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Something tells me you're gonna have a roll of Roosevelts before the years done. Maybe I'll start calling you FDR? :laughing7:
Mike

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
That's just terrific Joe! Pretty soon you'll be sick of all of the Rosies that are sticking to the bottoms of your shoes. :D Congrats!!

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
mikewaz said:
Something tells me you're gonna have a roll of Roosevelts before the years done. Maybe I'll start calling you FDR? :laughing7:
Mike

Great! (sarcastic.)

FDR

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
The only thing we have to feahhh, is feahhh of Joe's rosie rage....

FDAH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread