OP
oxbowbarefoot

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Iron Patch! you are absolutely correct. Ct. Copper didn't even cross my mind. My student was super excited to hear what he found. He it itching to get home and get his little bounty hunter back out there (he's hoping for an Ace250 for his b-day in 2 weeks)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Iron Patch! you are absolutely correct. Ct. Copper didn't even cross my mind. My student was super excited to hear what he found. He it itching to get home and get his little bounty hunter back out there (he's hoping for an Ace250 for his b-day in 2 weeks)

Tell him to dig the low signals too, like where buttons come in, because the best find could still be there. My best button find in 12 years of digging came about an hour after digging a CT copper. There's just so many great finds from old sites that aren't coin signals.

I bet it won't be long before he has another keeper to show you.

OP
OP
oxbowbarefoot

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Great advice! I'll pass it on. Do you have any guess as to the date of the copper? I think I can make out the 17, and maybe a 6, but its very hard to tell. Also, would you mind taking a look at the buckles on my other post from today, I am especially interested in the big one, maybe you have some insight. There is also a copper that I posted that I cannot identify.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great advice! I'll pass it on. Do you have any guess as to the date of the copper? I think I can make out the 17, and maybe a 6, but its very hard to tell. Also, would you mind taking a look at the buckles on my other post from today, I am especially interested in the big one, maybe you have some insight. There is also a copper that I posted that I cannot identify.

Only made 4 years... 1785, 1786, 1787, & 1788.

Will have a look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions