kirkland bushwackers gold

rville

Jul 4, 2008
i'm new here but thought this might be interesting. i've got a friend who is a direct descendent of the kirklands and his grandmother (who is passed away now) told him that in a cave way back in the mtns near the nc/tn line, there was enough gold that him or any of his family would never have to work a day in there life. this gold was supposed from a payroll robbery during the civil war. has anyone else has heard of this kirkland gold?

Oct 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
howdy friend i beleive that i know a little about this tale. although it is gold, its not from a payroll robbery as your friend said instead it is a cave with a VERY rich vein. there are a few different variations on the story that i have heard over the years one of them is marshall mcclungs varriation http://main.nc.us/graham/mcclung/John Ropetwister's Gold.html but i do that it DOES exist and also that it is not in the slickrock area (there is a silver mine there though) as some suggest it is and if you or anyone would like to know more or possibly even go out to look for it feel free to shoot me a email

MLCOLVARD

Jun 14, 2008
i think if you will reasearch this a little more you will find there are 2 different tales both supposed to be true but different i have quite a bit of info on both these and live in robbinsville interested send me a message

Lana

May 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Aunt who lives in Tenn. and on the land they own, there is an under ground cave. I actually went into that cave when I was a young girl (around 4-6?). I too am a direct decendant of the Kirkland Bushwackers from Monroe County Tennessee. My grt. grt. grt. grt. gandfathers name was Joseph H. Kirkland. I have a chair that he built as a young boy ( my grand mother Gertie Irene Kirkland - Lannkford ) gave it to me when she was put into a nursing home in Indiana. She passed on in 2005. Perhaphs the cave on the land which my relatives own, is the cave where the gold is hidden? Would'nt that be something? I am however interested in selling the chair I have. It is from the early to mid. 1800s. Would love for it to be displayed some where, where many others could enjoy. If you know some one who be interested in purchasing it Plaese let me know via e-mail.= [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread