Kirkland (Costco) Batterys

Idaho PRB

May 21, 2005
South Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Ace 250
I have heard over and over again to use "Good" batterys in your detector. I have always used "Kirkland" batterys in my Ace 250 and felt that they were fine up until a few days ago when I have noticed that my detector was acting kind of "Quirky". Tones jumping from silver to iron and from the gold area to iron...........just generally jumping around a lot more than what seemed normal to me. I checked the cable connection at the machine control housing and everything seemed fine. I also taped the lead wire from the coil to the bar about 3 inches up from the coil and made sure the first wrap was on top. I'm running between 4-5 bars on the sensitivity which seems reasonable to me. So I bought some "Energizers" tonight and will try them this time. I'll post ant results or conclusions I come to. In the meantime, any one else use Kirklands? Anyone know who manufactures these batterys for Costco?
Idaho PRB

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
what is the max sensitivity? you might have also just hit an area where someone dumped out the coal stove. I use rayovacs myself

I have found if you boost the sens ona garrett that it will chatter

HH vrent

OP
OP
Idaho PRB

Idaho PRB

May 21, 2005
South Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Ace 250
Max sensitivity is 8 bars. I havnt had any trouble with 4 bars at all. I start to notice problems here in my area at 5 and above. Sometimes I can get away with 5 bars especially if the soil is dry. Rusty nails ring as coins when the soil is really wet or sensitivity is too high.
Idaho PRB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread