Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an invite for a prospection on a site close to a huge early roman sanctuary. The job was to confirm the geophysics with metal finds.
6 detectors and no roman finds in 6hrs. Looks like the geophys shows older than roman foundations. My best find of the day (and best find at all) was this little bronze knife blade dating into the urnfield period around 1000BC. Something so rare in our area, the archies think about a small excavation. Knifes like this usually come up in burial sites destroyed by the plough. Sorry that there is not more to show but i'm more than happy with that find this time of the year. :occasion14:

35822034nw.jpg

35822035el.jpg

Upvote 22
OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swell find Lu. I bet the Arkies just love you now. Let us know if you do a dig there. Good going and good luck.

It took years to build up trust and a detectorist getting them the best find of the day helps a lot for sure. What goes around comes around.... :occasion14:

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say Lu, I wasn't sure from the post if you got to keep that blade? "Ouh, Ouh take the money and run! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say Lu, I wasn't sure from the post if you got to keep that blade? "Ouh, Ouh take the money and run! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Nothing to keep when you work on an archaeoligical site. Everything is handed over immediately, GPSed and recorded. Thats why i rarely post pics of finds from these outings, no time to make pics. This time i had an aide to help with digging. To speed up things i cut the plugs myself, recover the finds and just let him close the holes and had him bag the finds. We recorded everything there except foil, pulltabs and trash like this.
And better not to run with the finds. With the archies i have the chance to dig sites very very few people have and i like to do so. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread