Knights of the Golden Circle "RISING SUN" symbol

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
I always assumed you to be in the midwest or south, L.C., but I really don't know. KGC were in multiple places and states, though. Concerning sun symbolism, here is the Seal of Arizona. Note the green arrow I have pointing to the obelisk. Interesting shadow off of the obelisk, as well:

View attachment 1031892

Ditat Deus - Zeus enriches ... err ... God enriches

There is always talk of the 1930's concerning this stuff, but I consider the early 1900's, into the late teens/early twenties, important as well.
Nobody, pardun my buttin' in, BUT, the shadow in this one looks exactly like a snake I found carved on a tree --
He was also looking west. if this is sunset then the shadow is pointing west.
If I am wrong I will fax you a :coffee2: or maybe:coffee2::coffee2: 2. while faxing is easy no reason not to send 2.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok let us cool down for a minute or two and do the research as we should before we go off half cocked and blow off our toe. Or make a fool out of ourselves. Now the sun is rising but what Nobody takes as a obelisk is a Quarts mill. The shadow is in the wrong place. Woops someone make a mistake and it has be carried on for 113 years. Oh well some people just don't get things right. Like I have said before Cause and effect chain of events all this chaos makes perfect sense. Read this from the Secretary of state of Arizona. History of the Great Seal of the State of Arizona PLEASE READ the whole thing very carefully. You guys MAY BE mixing up a couple of versions of it UNknowingly so please read carefully.

Senior Deacon, Grand Arbitrator and Resolver of problems #5 P.M. Virutual.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
[thread tangent back on] Arrgh. That shadow keeps nagging at me, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it is on the wrong side of the obelisk. That is such a basic art mistake, that any artist who had enough skill to do the Seal would not make that mistake ...

That is an excellent observation, you have a good eye Nobody. I do see some resemblance to the Saturn symbol....but it's not a dead ringer. Then again, these guys were all about a hint of the truth... or as someone else said on here....there is a kernel of truth in every lie. An initiated brother would recognize the message if there is one contained in the art. I agree 100% that it is strange that the shadow was drawn on the wrong side of the obelisk by a professional artist.

Thanks for posting it, L.C

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...C_McCormick.jpg/220px-Richard_C_McCormick.jpg

pay close attention to the shape of McCormick's left hand and where he has his right one in this photo. Compare it to these photos of hands.

View attachment 1032282 View attachment 1032283 hidden K.G.C. hand signal.jpg Hon._John_A._Quitman,.jpg

I found McCormick, who was the man responsible for the State seal, to be a little suspicious and invoking some familiar response and actions .....he also had interest in the railroad, telegraph and postal contracts which we now know was monopolized by the K.G.C./ O.A.K..

McCormick was a leader in Arizona Territory's "Federal Ring". This group was a coalition of territorial official and leading citizens that worked in a nonpartisan fashion to protect the lives and property of the territory's American population, establish law and order, and develop Arizona's economic potential. To achieve their goals, the clique crossed traditional political divides of the day, with Northern Republican governors appointing Southern Democrats and Hispanics to governmental positions. The "Federal Ring" dominated territorial politics between 1863 and 1877 and, while labeled a self-perpetuating oligarchy by critics, succeeded in providing a territorial government that was generally free of corruption and dishonesty.(BULL:censored:)
McCormick also pushed for creation of the roads, railroads, telegraph lines, and postal routes needed for such an economy to function. He also asked Congress to acquire additional land from Mexico so that Arizona could have a port on the Gulf of California.
To help protect the growing population from outlaws, McCormick asked the territorial legislation to create courthouses and jails.

Unionist was a political label adopted at various times in the United States by opponents of secession. It was used primarily by Southerners who did not want to affiliate with the Republicans, or wished to win over anti-secession Democrats.
McCormick announced his candidacy for Territorial delegate on March 12, 1868, with the election scheduled for June 3, 1868. During his run, McCormick avoided normal party affiliations and instead ran as a nonpartisan candidate under the Unionist banner.
The Unionist label first appeared 1850, during the dispute over the Compromise of 1850. Southerners who supported the Compromise (mainly Whigs) adopted the Unionist label to win over pro-Compromise Democrats and defeat anti-Compromise Democrats. By 1860, the Whig Party was defunct. A group of former Whigs formed the Constitutional Union Party, with John Bell as candidate for President. During his 1860 presidential campaign, Bell argued that secession was unnecessary since the Constitution protected slavery, an argument which resonated with voters in border states, helping him capture the electoral votes of Tennessee, Kentucky and Virginia. After the Battle of Fort Sumter in April 1861, Bell abandoned the Union cause and supported the Confederacy. In Missouri, after Federal troops expelled pro-secession Governor Claiborne Jackson, the state legislature chose a new "Unionist" governor. "Unionist" candidates won state elections in Kentucky and Maryland. In Virginia, state legislators from western Virginia declared secession void, and chose a "Unionist" government; they subsequently elected "Unionist" U.S. Senators as well. When the state of West Virginia was created in 1863, its officeholders were elected as "Unionists".
The 1868 election centered on the issue of the territorial capital of Arizona having been moved the prior year, with allegations circulated that McCormick had been promised support from Pima County if he signed the bill. McCormick only won a single county during the election, Pima, but the margin was sufficient for him to be elected Territorial Delegate. This sounds familiar to Nebraska State Capitol issues after Omaha was named the Capitol City instead of Nebraska City which was the original K.G.C. Plan.....
During his first term, McCormick's efforts were focused on the Apache Wars and establishment of additional postal routes within Arizona. Any political struggles related to postal, telegraph or railroad related government contracts, is highly suspicious during those years.... I find him highly suspect, and now I am even more curious about that State Seal.......:icon_scratch:

Just my 2 cents, L.C.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nobody, pardun my buttin' in, BUT, the shadow in this one looks exactly like a snake I found carved on a tree --
He was also looking west. if this is sunset then the shadow is pointing west.
If I am wrong I will fax you a :coffee2: or maybe:coffee2::coffee2: 2. while faxing is easy no reason not to send 2.

HA! NO "cave" behind man, now...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What's got ya so giggly? Do you not receive training throughout the process?

training: /ˈtrāniNG/ - noun - the action of teaching a person or animal a particular skill or type of behavior.

Now, I ain't callin' ya an animal, but I am suggesting you receive training in your Masonic journey. Are you not trained in specific behaviors? Specific, ritualistic behaviors? Handshakes, ritualistic behaviors and motions in initiation rituals, body signs, feet signs, hand signs, arm signs, etc. Is not your mind educated and trained to a different skill set in thinking in certain aspects? Are there not core elements, standards trained at every Lodge of that training?

Don't like that word? Here are some synonyms:

instruction, teaching, coaching, tuition, tutoring, guidance, schooling, education, orientation, etc.

Not so sure what you found amusing with all of that. Yes, Rebel, training of core elements. I ain't a Mason, but I was taught the English language in the Catholic school system, so I usually have a pretty firm grasp of the meanings of the words I use ...

Care to share the joke with the rest of us?

YOU didn't identify what you meant by "Core Elements"; certainly not like YOUR Catholic Schools. You DO have a "FIRM GRASP of your "words"; WE, however... may think differently; THANKS for "clarifying". As RC, YOU could NEVER be a Freemason; Sooo... BTW, we DO have Catholics in our Lodges.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That's always a good question in my mind.

Well, there is only one star named the Sun, but the shadow from another star, perhaps? Sirius, the Dog Star, was important to Egyptians. As well as the folks who laid out Washington D.C. Tying it into the above, the annual helical rise of Sirius was important to the Egyptians. As well as the folks who laid out Washington D.C., as well again. Obelisks were important, as well as Sacred Geometry, to the two above parties, as well. As well as a whole bunch of other Powers That Be. Obama did not coin the phrase, "Dawn of a new day", as well. That's a lot 'o as wellin'. I tend towards Springfield's line of thought concerning as wellin's and coincidences ...

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, curious, or Socratic with that question, but the shadow of the obelisk certainly makes me go hmmm ...

NOT being sarcastic; just STRANGE to see a change in the "Seal"... Cave has DISAPPEARED!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
No pardons necessary. This is just another roadside cafe owned by some guy named Marc on the internet highway, and I just sat down in a booth L.C. was sitting at. I don't own any of it and there are unlimited seats, and we can all talk at once and still understand each other. I don't own any of it, and you and anyone else is welcome to join any conversation I am in engaged in.

Out of curiosity, have you deciphered any meaning from that symbol you found or has it led you to another one?

Think Marc sold TN to a group of investors, YEARS ago... maybe, O.A.K. dunno.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Sirius was identified with the great goddess Isis, who formed a part of a triad with her husband Osiris and their son Horus, while the 70-day period symbolized the passing of Isis and Osiris through the duat (Egyptian underworld).
Osiris is the mythological father of the god Horus, whose conception is described in the Osiris myth, a central myth in ancient Egyptian belief. The myth described Osiris as having been killed by his brother Set, who wanted Osiris' throne. Isis joined the fragmented pieces of Osiris, but the only body part missing was the phallus. Isis fashioned a golden phallus, and briefly brought Osiris back to life by use of a spell that she learned from her father. This spell gave her time to become pregnant by Osiris before he again died. Isis later gave birth to Horus. As such, since Horus was born after Osiris' resurrection, Horus became thought of as a representation of new beginnings and the vanquisher of the evil Set.

Sirius was the first star used on our K.G.C./O.A.K. cache. Anyone else ever run into it before?

Thanks, L.C.

P.S. Nobody....you call it changing the tangent.....I call it progress. feel free to take the discussion in any direction it goes that is the only way we will ever find the truth.:occasion14:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Compartmentalization is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves.

Yeah.......:tongue3:.......I had to Google it! Thanks Nobody, my vocabulary just increased by one!!!

L.C.:thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It is a one Dimensional seal......how could you tell?

MOON: WAXING Moon Crescent has "horns" pointing UP (aka 1st Quarter MOON); WANING Moon Crescent has "horns" pointing DOWN (aka 3rd Quarter Moon). Look at any Almanac; "google" Almanacs for 2015.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Do you, by chance, know or care to share deeper meanings of the waxing and waning moons as it pertains to any 'field symbols' one may find regarding horns up or down?

Already have... scroll back, or look at OTHER "Threads". NOT gonna repeat myself...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions