Knights of the Golden Circle

G

goldchuck

Hello, I'm a new member here and wanted to say this is a great place to be indeed! I have been metal detecting for about twenty years with a lot of small finds, coins, jewelry and such. A friend and I have just recently become interested in the exploits of the KGC being they were pretty active in our area and we have found a few leads to possible hidden caches. I was wondering if any of you are currently on the KGC trail. Good hunting.

Charlie Little AKA GoldChuck

OP
OP
G

goldchuck

Thanks for the welcomes and links. There were recently two caches of KGC gold found not far from us which is what kind of got us started on this. We also have learned through researching KGC symbols, a three toed turkey track etched into a rock which we have been searching for a long time in our immediate local is a KGC pointer and that has raised my pulse rate several times while dreaming of the possibilities! It's strange in all my hunting and reading I have never even heard of any of this till lately and am amazed at the amount of information available on KGC. Have any of you ever noticed a big old tree that bends 90 degrees for a few feet and then grows straight up again? I sure have and now have reason to go look a little more closely! Thought I would throw that in to arouse some curosity! Good Hunting.

Charlie

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
searching tudor----interesting about Morgan's raiders. My Father's family is from Dupont In., he is 87 now and has told me about the churches and businesses and swimming hole's of the area. I haven't been able to get down there to MD though..sounds like I should.

L

lookstwice

hey charlie...a big welcome to you...what was the content of the two recently found caches (if you can say) and what leads you to believe that they were KGC...good luck

fng68

Nov 5, 2004
Beaver County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, X-Terra 70,Tiger Shark,Garrett CWIII,Ace 250
? Hi Charlis,

? I too am new to this site and what brrought me here is my interest in KGC.

? I just learned from "relatives" that? KGC caches were not only out west

? ?Morgan et al also made it to Ohio.

? ?I've found a tree also.

? ?Does the tree you speak of look like this?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fng68/detail?.dir=/ba13&.dnm=4de2.jpg&.src=ph

Another good site ishttp://www.knightsofthegoldencircle-kgc.com/index.htm

Hope this helps, any way I can help, let me know

Ron Y

OP
OP
G

goldchuck

Hello, I should apologize for the comment made about the two found caches as they were not so recent but were made and are well known by Mr. Brewer who lives just south of me. It was his finds that led me to start looking into this and led me to an article describing KGC symbols. In the description of symbols there was made mention of a "three toed turkey foot". My hunting partner and I have been searching for such a symbol on a local hillside for several years because of a story told around here for years that if you could find the "turkey foot" one of the toes points to buried gold. Well here is some hair raising news. TODAY...we parked the jeep after stuffing our guts with turkey and walked some distance along the hillside when my buddie said "Hey...buddie...lookie here". We had walked a straight line directly to a large rock outcropping where there was etched or carved or chissled into the rock this symbol which maybe could be interpreted as a "turkey foot", but is surrounded by a diamond shape, the points at north and south. That is not all. The hillside drops off into a small valley with a creek running through and comes up the other side where the rocks continue to outcrop along the same configuration. We dropped down through the valley (about 150 yds. across) to the other side and my buddie walked up on the predominant rock and kicked off some leaves and moss and there was another symbol not exactly like the first but the same. I am going to attempt to attach pics of each. Ever since I got home this evening I have been researching signs and symbols but am unable to find any meaning. Please help if anyone can. Well I just tried to attach but see my pics are much too large, 768KB, to post. I am going to have to try to cut down the size to post or if anyone wants I could send personal e-mail with pic attached.

OP
OP
G

goldchuck

Pics of the two symbols can be seen at

http://www.geocities.com/weloveberries/carvings.html

Sorry and I don't know why but these load extremely slow, about 3 minutes when I went to test. I'm not too up on computer stuff yet!

Ron, I could not get to your tree picture. My buddy told me it was done with a purpose of pointing to something and not natural.

Charlie

Arkansas Bill

Greenie
Mar 31, 2003
Cave Springs, Arkansas
Hi Charlie, I ran across the same thing in NW Arkansas near Forum. We found horseshoes instead of turkey tracks though. We went up the hollow until it forked and found a cave that had been used for smelting silver. This leads me to think that maybe you might not have a KGC cache. The old Spaniards, and Frenchmen too, did a lot of digging in the Ozarks. If the middle toe of the turkey tracks point up the hollow that's where I would look. Just a suggestion. Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
G

goldchuck

We wenched the rock with the turkey track up on edge to look underneath cause I was getting a signal through it with my DFX and we thought maybe there was a map on the other side. No map and there was some aluminum can junk under the rock which indicates it was moved from its original position and placed there not too long ago. Oh well. There are more signs and indications the area is a possible KGC so back to the research! I feel we have solved the mystery of the two rock carvings but I can't say any more about that right now. Your horse shoes may be just a tiny speck in a very large picture. Chuck

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
check underneath again make sure you always check underneath what you find. some times they will buiry guns, smaller amounts of treasure or other things on top of the treasure to throw you off so you think you found it all when there really is more left.

OP
OP
G

goldchuck

Hey cedarrat, did check very well under there. By the way, I got an e-mail from you or somebody pretending to be you today that was something to do with "text" I supposedly sent you. I have not sent you anything to my knowledge. The attachment contained a virus of some sort and my system would not open it. Chuck

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I havent sent you any emails that I am aware of. It was probaly a random generated email account. my email is [email protected] I once got one that had cedarratt at some other provider that also had a virus in it.. right now I have to go change my passwards just in case.

dlester

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2004
NW Arkansas
Another Arky joins the ranks!
Wecome Chuck, I'm also reletively new to the forum. I'm up here in NW Arkansas.

Ouch, Arkbill...Forum hits right close to home! LOL Spend many years traipsing around them hills.

Bill shoot me an email or PM...I got some questions about an old friend of ours.

Dick Lester

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel from Virginia here: ;D Yeah... "turkey foots" and "hoot owl trees" are indicators of KGC activities... hunting treasure(s) to you all... Am looking for "super-cache" here in Goose Creek Valley
(Mountains) of Bedford County, Va. (aka Beale Treasure). LGA! To think... it all started here... after
Richmond, Va. fell... during "the War"... Later! ;D

O

oldoneseeker

I am very new at this. Have reason to believe my gg grandfather was a Knight of GC.
Does anyone know if Sam Bass, (Outlaw in Central TX) was associated with the Knights?

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;) Lawd Gawd A'Mighty! ;D Good ton see more pp interested in KGC... BEST "site"... www. knightsofthegoldencircle-kgc.com also... BEST "second site"... www.outlawtreasure.worldbreak.com for KGC/Outlaws Treasures "connections. Long live dd KGC ;D

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Yep I have heard of these thugs of the west! A good magazine for reading would be True West Magazine...I have some of the ones from back in the 60s and earlier..Might be able to find information of these treasure thugs back then!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread