Lake hunt saves the day again with two silvers 1959 D Rosie and religious pendant

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out looking at boats this morning at a friends marina (water hunting demands a boat/need for Treasure Island) he asked what I have been up to and after chewing his poor ear for half an hour he gave me a hot tip to hunt. I rode one hour away to where and who he said I needed to talk with just to get shot down by the guy. So I drove home with my tail between my legs to a house I have been saving to ask. They said go for it. By then it was high noon so I sweated it out in his yard for about an hour finding a brass heart, 1956 D wheatie and some weird penny sized disc that remind me of pewter. So I stop at a different lake to scout and cool off, with no luck (need a boat for that lake) then went to my lake for a two hour hunt in front of the pier. I came up with the pendant that is marked sterling, and a 1959 D Rosie.

Enjoy the pix, HH, and GL
Brad SAM_0602.JPG SAM_0603.JPG SAM_0604.JPG SAM_0605.JPG SAM_0606.JPG SAM_0607.JPG

Upvote 6

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your persistence buddy! You will find something great because you put in the time and that's what it takes. What kinda boat did you buy us? Party boat? Yacht? I guess we can go halves on the yacht after we actually find the treasure

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your persistence buddy! You will find something great because you put in the time and that's what it takes. What kinda boat did you buy us? Party boat? Yacht? I guess we can go halves on the yacht after we actually find the treasure

Still looking for the boat and still looking for that treasure, Haaaaaa
I'm still liking that water hunting, just need to find that colonial swimming hole

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you are one consistent guy! you must have back up plans for the back up plans and then you still find a way to detect somewhere and find something worth posting.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are one consistent guy! you must have back up plans for the back up plans and then you still find a way to detect somewhere and find something worth posting.

I'm not a quitter, I love looking, I love posting finds. For a coin that isn't even worth two dollars it sure made my day when I seen it in my scoop, not to mention that medallion.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am liking that St. Christopher's pendant. You really have to check the date on water silver, don't you? It's amazing how different dirt silver and ones from water can look.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am liking that St. Christopher's pendant. You really have to check the date on water silver, don't you? It's amazing how different dirt silver and ones from water can look.

Now I can tell with the color, that tarnish has it's own color. I can just barely see dates on a dime,I don't know a hundred percent until I use my loop, Haaaaaa old glasses, need to take time off to very my new glasses

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats my man. Anyday you find silver is a good day!

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds. I hunt the lakes as well and to deal with the tarnish I built an electrolysis cleaner. If you haven't done that and want to it's easy. Just an old AC adapter, some alligator clips, and a stainless utensil. I liked the video Chicago Ron has on You Tube showing how to do it; just search "chicago ron electrolysis" and it will be top of the list.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure the St. Christopher medals are going to be getting more collectible because I heard that he was downgraded from a Saint
to honorable mention or some such - can anybody verify this (or tell me I've gone off the rails !)

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure the St. Christopher medals are going to be getting more collectible because I heard that he was downgraded from a Saint to honorable mention or some such - can anybody verify this (or tell me I've gone off the rails !)
is the economy that bad? Even saints are being downsized!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread