goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the shallow water off a hotel were people throw pennies in....I been finding some wheats and old watzits which makes it worth my time. My new avatar was found there. Today, I got a neat ford key, a 1930 D wheat, and a cool Cub Scout ring (made from 1930-1945)...not to mention $0.85 in clad. It is hard digging since the bottom is entirely rocks and no scoop would work there...but worth it.

Do you think if I take it to a jeweler, would they help put it back in shape and clean it?

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_2772.jpg
    IMG_2772.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2773.jpg
    IMG_2773.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2774.jpg
    IMG_2774.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
thats a very cool ring. I dont know much about the history or value that would be associated with it, so I cant say wether it is worth fixing. My jeweler charges me 15 bucks to straighten and clean a piece of jewelry, so its not much. Might be worth getting made right regaurdless tho, if its worth it to you.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Take a tumbler, fill with coarse beach sand, about 1/2 full of water and a little dish soap and tumble for about 24 hours. That should knock all the oxidation off the ring. Aquarium gravel is good for cleaning up pennies and clad too but tumble pennies separate or clad takes on a copper hue. Harbor Freight sells an inexpensive tumbler.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread