Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. It comes down to how it's marked up. Most detectors are sold at Fair Trade Value, a price set by the manufacturer that says it can only be discounted up to X% off of the MSRP. Bounty Hunter follows a different sales route. It is sold to the supplier for $XXX and the seller can "mark it up" to any price to make the profit they desire. This is why most brick and mortar dealers don't handle Bounty Hunter, because it gets into a price war with bigger department stores buying in large lots and will usually have a low markup. $449 is the MSRP. If you do your homework, there are online stores selling it for around $255 or others hoping to get $449 or places like Cabelas that gives some freebies while asking $459.

Bounty Hunters are made in USA by First Texas Products.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the LRP paid full price $449.00 it is what it is let the fun begin :occasion18:

OP
OP
B

Brian NH

Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro withh 11" DD Coil
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. It comes down to how it's marked up. Most detectors are sold at Fair Trade Value, a price set by the manufacturer that says it can only be discounted up to X% off of the MSRP. Bounty Hunter follows a different sales route. It is sold to the supplier for $XXX and the seller can "mark it up" to any price to make the profit they desire. This is why most brick and mortar dealers don't handle Bounty Hunter, because it gets into a price war with bigger department stores buying in large lots and will usually have a low markup. $449 is the MSRP. If you do your homework, there are online stores selling it for around $255 or others hoping to get $449 or places like Cabelas that gives some freebies while asking $459.

Bounty Hunters are made in USA by First Texas Products.
Would you recommend I get it at Amazon for the $253

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the LRP paid full price $449.00 it is what it is let the fun begin :occasion18:

According to what i read it should pay for itself, its a very good detector.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'd be interested to see how it holds up to the F75, even the XTerra. I don't expect miracles, just that it retains respect by those others.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would you recommend I get it at Amazon for the $253
Nothing wrong with Amazon. I've ordered stuff with no problems. I bought my QDP on EBay from a marine dealer (as in boats) for $175. Hard to find that price even at Amazon.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be interested to see how it holds up to the F75, even the XTerra. I don't expect miracles, just that it retains respect by those others.

I had both of those We shall see how good this really is

ShooterDan

Apr 14, 2015
Patrick, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro, Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought an LRP as my first detector just recently along with Xpointer ...never thought you could have so much fun digging holes! I have a lot to still figure out, but for the moment I am a "dig up everything fool"

krunchy

Mar 17, 2015
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
BH Land Ranger Pro, Garrott AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up one of these recently as well. It's my first MD since one of those orange radio shack ones I got in the 80s when I was a kid.

Works even better than I expected. The first thing I pulled out was a sacagawea coin in my back yard. Then I proceeded to find two more, and some other random change. Also a lot of garbage. It was discriminating that well enough, but I went for it anyway because I was bored and wanted to test out the garret at pro pointer that finally arrived the other day. And I'll add that my yard is filled with a lot of crap, metal nails all over the place from when I was putting together a shed, and when they built the house not too long ago. It was also an empty lot in a fairly dense urban neighborhood, so it's like a graveyard for pulltabs, but the detector does a great job of weeding out the trash.

Soon I hope to get it out in a decent area, and put it through it's paces. Unfortunately I live in an a county that restricts metal detecting, so I can't just go down the street to the park and use it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread