OP
colorado14ers

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
oh sorry i linked it on page 23, you can start from page one. its the same story from the begining.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey moley is all I can say...then bam, down on the ground I would be, out cold.

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Unbeleivable :tongue3: I planed on detecting this weekend at clearwater beach. But after seeing 2 big caches in a week, I'm hunting on the wrong continent!!!! :BangHead: Time to get my passport out and head over the big pond to find a great discovery of my own!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap. Amazing story and pictures.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kc10bull said:
Unbeleivable :tongue3: I planed on detecting this weekend at clearwater beach. But after seeing 2 big caches in a week, I'm hunting on the wrong continent!!!! :BangHead: Time to get my passport out and head over the big pond to find a great discovery of my own!

Why waste your time and money on going to Europe? Research and hunt the caches in your own state. As KVM wrote many times; every state has several big ticket caches and untold numbers of smaller caches; many in your own county.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is amazing that those finds are still out there .. :headbang:

S

stefen

Shortstack said:
kc10bull said:

Why waste your time and money on going to Europe? Research and hunt the caches in your own state. As KVM wrote many times; every state has several big ticket caches and untold numbers of smaller caches; many in your own county.

True statement...concentrate on thorough research is the key...

What everyone forgets is that these caches were found by shear luck and not by research...

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
stefen said:
True statement...concentrate on thorough research is the key...

What everyone forgets is that these caches were found by shear luck and not by research...

Absolutely. Except for maybe being near a Roman road or some such as a possible clue, the amazing caches found recently have been found through persistence and luck.

The recent pot of 50,000 Roman coins and the 1500 pieces of Anglo-Saxon gold found in the UK weren't found because of any records kept, treasure signs, secret maps, dowsing, legends, etc.

Just good old fashioned luck and time invested.

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Call it good luck, karma, or what you will. I do agree research is important :read2: . But here is a fact. The European continent, and even China have a very RICH history and have many civilizations that built on top of one another. There were many wars, skirmishes with differing cultures, don't forget disasters. The history of the good ole USA is still very young. Many more treasures have been lost across the pond, lol many have been lost in the pond too but I don't own any submersibles or ships to use finding those treasures :tongue3: The odds of you stumbling across a treasure here are well let me think, :dontknow: I would need Spock to calculate that one! But over there history is everywhere and so are the discoveries and that's why people keep stumbling across them, and some of them have done some research! Caches in the USA pale in comparison to those being found across the pond! Just my thoughts!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa (Tropical Tramp said:
Good afternoon Saturna they probably used LRL:'s hmmmmm?

Don Jose de La Mancha el *Tropical Trampo*

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Don Jose, you must be getting bored; pulling Saturna's chain like that. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
LOL, here's another one for the Tropical Tramp to pull ...

rsz_2chain.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whooooo, have MERcy!!!

That reminds me; I haven't had supper yet.

S

stefen

Go back to the first post and open the site...at the bottom are numbers...start at 1 and progress thru 32..

Yes...they found 2700 coins...

it's a great story well written and documented :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread