Two Box or A deep PI machine?

sirlostalot

Jul 22, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about getting a deep detecting machine for cache hunting. I've been looking around online but there's not a lot of information about the pro and cons of these machines except by the manufactures. Guess theres not a whole lot of users. I have a couple of questions.

1. Would you perfer a two-box or a deep PI machine in a field with alot of iron and why?

2. In a field with alot of iron would I have to take off the top layer of iron? Seems like I would or it would read as one large target.

3. With either type of machine (Two-Box,PI) how close can you get to electrical lines without it going nuts.

Thats it for now. Thanks for any help.

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
I own & use both types of machines, so I hope I have some idea what I am talking about. In both cases, you will have to remove the layer of iron. The difference is how thorough the removal must be. My two-box will only pick up things the size of a beer can or larger. The PI will pick up iron down to a Bobbie pin. It *loves* iron and will respond stronger to iron than any other target.

I don't know about power line distance, but the two-box could get about five feet from an electric fence before the ticking became unbearable.

Chip V.

OP
OP
sirlostalot

sirlostalot

Jul 22, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chipveres said:
I own & use both types of machines, so I hope I have some idea what I am talking about. In both cases, you will have to remove the layer of iron. The difference is how thorough the removal must be. My two-box will only pick up things the size of a beer can or larger. The PI will pick up iron down to a Bobbie pin. It *loves* iron and will respond stronger to iron than any other target.

I don't know about power line distance, but the two-box could get about five feet from an electric fence before the ticking became unbearable.

Chip V.

Thanks Chip.

I'll start out with a two-box and hope I find enough to get the PI later. Which two-box do you have and which one do think is the best?

Bruce

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread