Large Cent and Crotal Bell from a New Site Today

ridger12

Apr 4, 2005
Sandy Ridge Pa
Detector(s) used
Minlab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me and my brother gained permission to detect on a posted site today. The property owner was a great guy who showed us other sites around the area and gave us a local history lesson too. The Large Cent is 1831, the Indians are 1862 and 1902. We have really wanted to detect this site because the former residents are ancestors of ours. It's really cool to dig up something your great great grandparents lost.

Attachments

• IMG_2151.JPG
    IMG_2151.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
I did my grandfather's home not long ago and the only thing I hoped to find was a crotal bell!! congrats to you! nice group of finds

awesome! is it a cellar hole site? some sweet finds with a personal tie :thumbsup:

Some nice finds......Matt

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
awesome! is it a cellar hole site? some sweet finds with a personal tie :thumbsup:
There is cellar hole there and the remains of a spring house. The guy that gave us permission, who is in his seventies, showed us were his grandmother told him the barn, chicken coop and pig pens were at too.

Awesome finds!!! :icon_thumright: That's really cool about your ancestors and congrats on getting permission! :headbang: Pound that place to dust, respectfully of course. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back