Copy of 801_3201bg.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 195

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
I have been thinking about getting one for my IDX. How heavy is that thing???
It is supposed to go pretty deep, on a can sized object..at least 18 inches.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a heavy coil so shortning the shaft length might be needed if you intend using it for longer periods.
Other drawback is its lack of sensitivity. Its designed for larger items. Very small items will be detected at less depth than the stock coil.
The meter depth reading will be out as your detector has no way of knowing you have fitted a large coil. Pinpointing though is not that bad especially if VCO is used.
If you normally use a high Pre Amp level you will find you can't ground balance. 3 or below is fine.
Most important is to adjust Recovery speed. The 15" of coil takes so long to pass over a target that two, three, even several audio signals can be generated. This 'problem' is cured by adjusting the Recovery speed. A setting of 5 would be a good starting point. This is not a fault just a fact of life with many large coils. Switch to a Bigfoot where the windings are only a couple of inches apart and for best results the Recovery speed would need adjusting in the other direction.

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread