Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am proud to say that I am owner of a brand new xlt :) Should be here on Monday. Was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks that might help. Or any programs that they like. I have downloaded the manual and will say that it seems a little overwhelming, but I am excited about learning the machine. Its a lot different then my garrett 2500 gti. Thanks in advanceto anyone with any tips.
Mainer

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
enter the preset coin and jewelry program and then pro option discrimination block edit:
accept +95 thru -55 reject -54 thru -96
this is the core of my standard search program for my area (old homesites and local parks in the northeast.dig plus numbers and learn your machine.other settings for stability and performance will follow.
mainly read the manual and use what works for you and your area.a smaller than stock coil is good for trashy sites.

good luck and congrats

click

Greenie
Feb 8, 2007
I will also be watching this thread. My new one should be here Wed.? Big change from my other MD! Major learning curve coming. But very excited. ;D ;D

MikeTN

Feb 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
May a say excelent choice in detectors guys! ;) You will love the XLT I promise!! ;D

Mike

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
when you find your first wedding ring,you will get on bended knee and pop the question. :-*

the wide acceptence range may be troublesome to a beginner but provides max depth in motion discrimate
mode(depending on ac and pre amp settings).you also get to know your detector and the site you are working
at and adapt on what to dig knowing the risks.if a certain site produces well and you can return on a regular
basis,why not get that foil out of the way.this site will be your pressed time quickie site and the place where
you found that thin gold necklace.

here are some warm january finds

Attachments

• DSC00271.JPG
    DSC00271.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 531

click

Greenie
Feb 8, 2007
8) Excellent finds! Bling-bling. How'd that chain ring in? I've been told chains are really, really hard to decipher. Can you tell your experience? Thanks.

OP
OP
mainer

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies. Got it today. Now if the ground would thaw out I could get some hours on in. Not looking good got 10 more inches of snow coming. Going to be a long month. Click good luck. Thanks all.
mainer

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

hey click
that chain with the fat scorpion still on it read low pulltab (28 to 33 vdi bounce)med to high modulation in the phones.I thought it was cola can shrap but I dig all anyway for this reason.4 inches down in a swimming areas mud and now I can chill with my homies(and change my birth sign)with my bling on.

one helpful tip:when you traveled a distance from where you started reground balance in a metal free area and most importantly re air (waist level) balance before you do that.re air balance for change in ambient temp,re ground
for extreme change in ground from starting point.both of these can change from when you first started and autotrac is great but some times it needs a helping hand(it only takes a couple seconds).copper windings expand
and contract to outside temp changing air balance values.

OP
OP
mainer

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got out in the woods today with the xlt. Ground is still frozen. But had a pick ax and went for it. Got a button at about 6 inches, on a program that I designed. So I guess I'm starting to get the hang of all the adjustments. Really not bad once you start to use them. Can't wait til spring. Good luck all.
MAiner

click

Greenie
Feb 8, 2007
Congrats to be out :D

Under alot of snow/ice up here still. Been testing out my new XLT, and bang-on with the presets! Of course our Canuk coins read alittle differently. Waiting for this 'global warming' to take effect? ???

I'm the same Mainer, I dig everything pretty much!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread