Largest Coinstar Haul Ever Includes 3 Silvers

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scan_20231217.jpg

I went to pick up the Sunday papers at the local supermarket and while there I checked the Coinstar machine. Right away I could see that the tray had a lot of coins in it. As I started scooping them out I saw that they were mostly all half dollars. When I got home I realized that in addition to 20 clad Kennedys there was also an almost new 1942 Mercury dime, a 1968-D 40% silver Kennedy and a 1953 Ben Franklin half in the mix. Merry Christmas to me from Coinstar !

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine even tells you at the end to check the reject bin. I wonder why the machine didn't accept the halves? The one by my house sure does.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The machine even tells you at the end to check the reject bin. I wonder why the machine didn't accept the halves? The one by my house sure does.
I've gotten half dollars out of Coinstar machines before, both clad and silver.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the halves, that must be record of some type for the amount in a reject tray.
I didn't know they could hold that many coins at once.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow and I mean WOW! You must have been just a few seconds behind the person that dumped a pile into the machine!
Agreed. I never see anything but dust in the reject trays around here.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only did he/she probably give coinstar their % they gave you a percentage also. Who can't hear those clunking into the reject bin.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not only did he/she probably give coinstar their % they gave you a percentage also. Who can't hear those clunking into the reject bin.
Maybe they were glued to their cell phone while these were spilling out into the reject tray.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the halves, that must be record of some type for the amount in a reject tray.
I didn't know they could hold that many coins at once.
Thanks pepperj.....It's my personal record. Those trays hold a lot more than they appear to be able to.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow and I mean WOW! You must have been just a few seconds behind the person that dumped a pile into the machine!
Not only a few seconds behind the person who dumped the coins but also a few seconds AHEAD of the next one to use the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread