Las Vegas / Grand Canyon permission to Md?

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd take it along for the beaches if nothing else. I don't think you can use it in the Grand Canyon. You'll have to be more specific on other locales.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cant use a metal detector in any National park at all, it is a MAJOR no no. I have traveled through several national parks including Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Tetons, I told the rangers I had one in my vehicle, they were polite and just told me do not use it, leave it packed with the batteries out.....

I do not travel anywhere without a detector when I am on vacation. It is like a pistol, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it........

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Advice so nice, he told it twice! LOL

Like he said, it's a no-no in all national parks. state parks, county parks, city parks, corps of engineers parks... you will just have to research each individual spot online, or else hopefully you can find some locals on the forum that can take you to some spots. Too bad your trip is so far west of me, I could take you to a ghost town to detect.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Advice so nice, he told it twice! LOL

Like he said, it's a no-no in all national parks. state parks, county parks, city parks, corps of engineers parks... you will just have to research each individual spot online, or else hopefully you can find some locals on the forum that can take you to some spots. Too bad your trip is so far west of me, I could take you to a ghost town to detect.

Not sure why it does that, I do an edit on a post and the edit becomes a separate post....

Every National Park is off limits, but some of the National Recreational areas are allowed....

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try lake Powell north east of the Grand Canyon. The lake and land north of it is a huge national recreation area. Also almost all the land around the Grand Canyon is national forest. As long as you know you are outside the park boundaries. The kaibab plateau on the way to the north rim is all national forest with some of the most beautiful Alpine meadows you will ever see. With a little exploring I'm sure you could find old mining and logging camps.

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all!!

I assume I should be able to get my hands some maps that will show boundaries of parks, recreation areas etc etc?

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might also try around lake Meade. There where huge camps in that area during the construction of the Hoover Damn. It also has National Recreation areas around it. It would also be on the route between the canyon and Las Vegas. Lake Meade is also a big party lake I'm sure you could find some beaches that produce.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the link the place is run by the national park service. So i doubt they allow metal detecting. But I'm sure there are many more places exposed by the low lake levels. I would spend a few hours on Google earth studying the areas around that lake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions