maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, this is what I got from my last 2 boxes for the week last night.

Box 1=92s proof
76s proof
1 65

Box 2=05s proof
02s proof
67x2
and the cream of the crop=1 57 FRanklin!

None of the proofs were silver. But I'm happy with what I got. Sorry the pics aren't that great, I haven't mastered the camera and lighting thing yet. Good luck to everyone hunting today!, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5239.JPG
    DSCN5239.JPG
    410.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN5240.JPG
    DSCN5240.JPG
    840.8 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, any box with silver is a winner. Do you have plans for the non silver proofs? I have 4 rolls of them and stopped pulling them, dealers dont want them. Now if I find one I see if it is in better condition than one I have and throw it back or trade. HH!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklins rule. Nice finds.

Thanks Baddbluff, ya I love the Franklins, I think they're really cool to find( seein how I don't find them all that often). HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool, any box with silver is a winner. Do you have plans for the non silver proofs? I have 4 rolls of them and stopped pulling them, dealers dont want them. Now if I find one I see if it is in better condition than one I have and throw it back or trade. HH!

Hey Namster, I don't find very many of them( I probably have about 15-18) so I just put them in flips for now. I don't know if they'll ever be worth any thing but, I hang on to them anyway( kinda like the 87's that I have 4 of now) because you never know. Also if I get a "Namster Box" as we call it here now, I need to have something to replace all the silver I keep from it. My best box had 41 silvers in it and I had some good boxes around that same time too, I didn't have enough clad in reserve to fill my boxes back up ( a problem you may have just recently encountered, lol), so I keep them around for that too, other wise I gotta go around to my local banks on a clad hunt. Allright, Have a good day, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice 2 boxes, you're on a silver streak!! i love the proofs too! and of course, franklin halves! I prefer a franklin or walker over a 1964 any day. silver is always better, but i would take a proof over a skunk box any day!
hh
buff

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
nice 2 boxes, you're on a silver streak!! i love the proofs too! and of course, franklin halves! I prefer a franklin or walker over a 1964 any day. silver is always better, but i would take a proof over a skunk box any day!
hh
buff

Thanks Buff, I love Franklins and walkers too ( wish they poppped up more often, lol) but I'll take anything for sure. Ya I'd rather find a proof in a box than it be a skunk. I've been avoiding the skunks here lately ( barely on some) but like I always say, "one is better than none" when it comes to silver. HH, today, Maverick.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Namster, I don't find very many of them( I probably have about 15-18) so I just put them in flips for now. I don't know if they'll ever be worth any thing but, I hang on to them anyway( kinda like the 87's that I have 4 of now) because you never know. Also if I get a "Namster Box" as we call it here now, I need to have something to replace all the silver I keep from it. My best box had 41 silvers in it and I had some good boxes around that same time too, I didn't have enough clad in reserve to fill my boxes back up ( a problem you may have just recently encountered, lol), so I keep them around for that too, other wise I gotta go around to my local banks on a clad hunt. Allright, Have a good day, Maverick.

Thats cool. I am nearing a complete set of clad proofs, it is fun putting it together. I tried taking the surplus to a coin show and none of the dealers wanted them but who knows, maybe some day they will be worth something.

Early on I decided to keep back one box of halves from dumping and have been drawing from that to replace the keepers. Its fun watching it shrink lol!

HH!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Why do you through back clad proofs? Those are great sellers on eBay. I can sell higher condition NIFC for $2 plus a postage stamp in one day on ebay.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you through back clad proofs? Those are great sellers on eBay. I can sell higher condition NIFC for $2 plus a postage stamp in one day on ebay.

What do you clear after fees? Thinking time would be my limiting factor with ebay selling.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you clear after fees? Thinking time would be my limiting factor with ebay selling.

After my eBay and Paypal Transaction fee I get around1.50. But all I have is time right now so making a buck for fun is fine with me. Im not in it for the $$ really. Just hoarding silver.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
After my eBay and Paypal Transaction fee I get around1.50. But all I have is time right now so making a buck for fun is fine with me. Im not in it for the $$ really. Just hoarding silver.

I've never brought it up but, I do see alot of weird clad sell on Ebay, things that aren't even special ( we all remember the Rare 71 with the hole in it), I've often wondered about listing a couple of random halves just to see what happens myself. Maverick.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I love finding proofs too! I'm happy as long as I find something cool that I don't have or that I really like. What is your best score as far as proofs go, Maverick? I got a roll of $10 from the bank one time (CWR) and it had 4! proofs in it! Needless to say, I was pretty happy! :) Proof, '87, NIFC, a silver, or a combination of all of those, and I am a happy camper! :)

Great finds, Maverick!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread