First Time Find- Copper Dime

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Last week I posted about being short in some dime rolls, 9 short- 2 and 10 short- 1 was the final total which the Tellers at the Bank insisted I exchange for 19 new rolls even though I told them that I was only telling them so they were not getting robbed, and someone here remarked that no one would ever steal just 10 cents at a time and that it must have been a simple mistake in counting the dimes. While that may be so in the real world, it is not true in Florida. I got this yesterday, inside a roll of dimes from a sealed box, and I wonder if someone tried it one time to see if they could do it or if right now they are busy pumping out nine cent pieces, happy to finally have a real job. It is a copper cent so I hope they are saving all their trimmings.

72012centdime.jpg 72012centdimer.jpg

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Last week I posted about being short in some dime rolls, 9 short- 2 and 10 short- 1 was the final total which the Tellers at the Bank insisted I exchange for 19 new rolls even though I told them that I was only telling them so they were not getting robbed, and someone here remarked that no one would ever steal just 10 cents at a time and that it must have been a simple mistake in counting the dimes. While that may be so in the real world, it is not true in Florida. I got this yesterday, inside a roll of dimes from a sealed box, and I wonder if someone tried it one time to see if they could do it or if right now they are busy pumping out nine cent pieces, happy to finally have a real job. It is a copper cent so I hope they are saving all their trimmings.

View attachment 655968 View attachment 655969

I can't believe that people are lazy enough to short a roll, but creative enough to pull some kind of crap like this. That's so dumb.

:BangHead:

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully some kids were just messing around or something. If not, that's pretty sad. Even working a minimum wage job you could make .09 just standing around and staring off into space for minutes.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's very strange... i've seen shaved down pennies to be the size of dimes, but never to this extent!
better luck next time,
hh
buff

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you bought a roll of dimes and only the ends were dimes and rest were pennines, would the dimes be considered enders?

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I did 1k in dimes two weeks ago, and I got one of those in my rolls. Mine was zinc though, and along with an Obama half dollar, I threw them both down a storm drain.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crhstreetwalker said:
I did 1k in dimes two weeks ago, and I got one of those in my rolls. Mine was zinc though, and along with an Obama half dollar, I threw them both down a storm drain.

^Like

That obama half sure isn't worth a half

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Kids used to grind down pennies on the side walk, to use in the 10 cent coke machine. Ah, the good old days.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was a kid all the kids would use sheet lead to make quarters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread