May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crop has grown fast since yesterday :o So will not bother this field again for awhile. During our research I noticed the crop marks go into the next field, only today did I notice the entrance to the site is in this field as well. It has oil seed rape, so we will have to wait until after the plough to plot the rest of the site.

We managed 3 hours with Mum's grace ::) & Land-Magnet joined us for just over 1 hour.

17 Roman Bronze Coins - some interesting mints
Nice Roman Bronze Snake Head terminal to a Bracelet. I've had a few of these from different sites, so must have been popular & mass produced. :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 696
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 704
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 691
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 684
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 681
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Nice Roman copper bud :icon_thumleft: :wink: Are these from the same fields that you use to hunt 3-4 years ago

after they've been re-plowed or are these from a different set of fields :icon_scratch: :wink: :icon_thumleft:

No this is a totally new site discovered two weeks ago but only detected 2 days on the crop. The rest of the site is in the next field which we will do later. I have nearly lost count of how many Roman Sites we have found. Plus more targets to come after harvest. We are honing our skills at finding them. Dad, I & Land Magnet must now have permission for way over 20,000 acres. :o So time on productives spots is key to this year.

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader, you are starting to get on my nerves with all your neat finds.
Don't you ever get skunked? You know we like seeing your finds.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deno said:
Crusader, you are starting to get on my nerves with all your neat finds.
Don't you ever get skunked? You know we like seeing your finds.

I guessed you have to bear in mind its our combined finds (although ratio normally 70% to me 30% to Dad), we are a well oiled team & cover a lot of land quickly. So can't remember being skunked for years. Every day that I detect, I post however good, so you see all.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
{Sentinel} said:
Nice Roman copper bud :icon_thumleft: :wink: Are these from the same fields that you use to hunt 3-4 years ago

after they've been re-plowed or are these from a different set of fields :icon_scratch: :wink: :icon_thumleft:

No this is a totally new site discovered two weeks ago but only detected 2 days on the crop. The rest of the site is in the next field which we will do later. I have nearly lost count of how many Roman Sites we have found. Plus more targets to come after harvest. We are honing our skills at finding them. Dad, I & Land Magnet must now have permission for way over 20,000 acres. :o So time on productives spots is key to this year.

Sweet, well I look forward to seeing some old Celtic, Anglo, and Roman finds from you this spring and summer :wink::wink: :icon_thumleft:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:beautiful old coins Cru . Whatg do you do to clean those up or do you , some I've seen that you dig have some very intresting designs on em .

HH Tank

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
:icon_thumright:beautiful old coins Cru . Whatg do you do to clean those up or do you , some I've seen that you dig have some very intresting designs on em .

HH Tank

Only water & a nail brush, plus Museum quality renaissance wax on the better coins which join the album or given to farmers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread